Would I Lie To You? - Series 6 Page 2

Love the show but without fail every episode now David Mitchell will start reading a card that reveals something that sounds in someway upper class and after the first line Lee Mack will shout "It's definitely true".

Quote: Tom G @ April 21 2012, 10:50 PM BST

Love the show but without fail every episode now David Mitchell will start reading a card that reveals something that sounds in someway upper class and after the first line Lee Mack will shout "It's definitely true".

Except it's actually happened once, in last night's episode.

And I'd dispute that a pen policy is something "upper class". A bit mental, but not upper class.

You know that for a fact, do you?

Would he lie to us?

To David to be thought of being upper class he'd have to go to public school or have a title or something like that, not just go to Cambridge. I'm sure Lee thinks of David of being middle class.

Very very middle class.

I really like this new series. I didn't like the previous series, both the truths and the lies were too farfeched, you could never tell what was true and what wasn't. I think it's great that things appear to have turned back to normality.

Agreed. I also love the show, but I always groan when they use that joke. It's not just between David and Lee either, but any time a story fits a guest's personality, you have someone saying "Definitely true." or "Right, we don't need to hear anymore. True." Funny the first time, getting a bit stale now.

A minor complaint though. I still think this is one of the best panel shows. Terrific concept.

Quote: Peter Leckey @ April 23 2012, 9:43 PM BST

I really like this new series. I didn't like the previous series, both the truths and the lies were too farfeched, you could never tell what was true and what wasn't.

Um - isn't that the whole point?

Quote: Peter Leckey @ April 23 2012, 9:43 PM BST

I really like this new series. I didn't like the previous series, both the truths and the lies were too farfeched, you could never tell what was true and what wasn't.

Change to the format to please Peter? Klaxon and flashing graphic saying "THIS IS A LIE!!!"

Is it just me or did David seem genuinely pissed off when Lee broke his pen?

Quote: Dave @ April 25 2012, 11:08 AM BST

Is it just me or did David seem genuinely pissed off when Lee broke his pen?

I don't blame him if he was pissed off, it became a weak gag after David had guessed it, and destroyed the very thing he's sensitive about.

Good show though, but why we have this series and The Unbelievable Truth running at this time? Is there some BBC directive to make all panel shows as similar as possible?

I was quite aghast when Lee broke that pen. And it wasn't even my pen.

Quote: zooo @ April 25 2012, 2:24 PM BST

I was quite aghast when Lee broke that pen. And it wasn't even my pen.

I think David's 3 point plan is very reasonable. Somewhere I used to work, I got so fed up with never having a pen because people nicked them, that I tied one to my desk with string. The bastards still nicked my pen! Infuriating.

When my (fairly pricey) pens ran out of ink at work, I'd superglue them to the counter to find out who kept stealing 'em. After that, I knew who to go after.

It seems like this is always scheduled with lots of other things at the same time. This, HIGNFY, The Unbelievable Truth, Not Going Out... Not that I really mind, but I wish they'd spread it out a bit better.

It seems that pen issues (not penis sues, Sootyj) are quite a problem. Did Lee's vandalism hint at anti-intellectualism? A bit like book-burning?