The gambling thread Page 11

Dog-racing is even more crooked than Horse-racing.

Is there a website about that Catskillz?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ February 19 2012, 5:34 PM GMT

I agree that reckless gambling is dangerous. The few pros I know don't gamble: they bet at probabilities that are less than the odds they get. The trick is working out the probabilities in the first place.

Professional gamblers have their choice. The other type can wreck lives.

Might have mentioned this before but . . I once saw a documentary on Las Vegas.

At one point some CEO or other took the reporter to his office window overlooking the city.

'See that?' he said.

'You don't build that on winners.'

Anyone who thinks you can make money thru gambling is a dumbass

Gamble for fun, never for profit

I was 21 when I first went into a bookies and that was only because my prospective father-in-law asked me to put a bet on for him and I didn't what the hell I was supposed to do.

Since then I've done a few football bets thinking I know something about the game but never won anything.

An incredible offer from Paddy Power here; 4/1 about Aguero scoring against Blackburn.

(Only available until 5pm, maximum stake £10)

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/novelty-betting/mcfc-enhanced-special/mcfc-enhanced-special?ev_oc_grp_ids=610098&AFF_ID=10064647

Aguero has scored <3

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ February 25 2012, 6:39 PM GMT

Aguero has scored <3

Great bet Gerry. Wish I'd done it!

Quote: Badge @ February 25 2012, 6:57 PM GMT

Great bet Gerry. Wish I'd done it!

£40 in the bag. That can buy a detached house in Birmingham.

Hmm, which team to bet on for this summer's Euros?

Made 25 quid from Spain last year, would have been more but didn't get around to putting the bet on for ages

Not England, is the best tip I can give.

Even with a brain filled with emoticons and cats and hats and owls and other fluffy and shiny things that frankly does a disservice to all womankind, and indeed humankind, even I am not that stupid

Quote: AJGO @ February 25 2012, 8:16 PM GMT

Even with a brain filled with emoticons and cats and hats and owls and other fluffy and shiny things that frankly does a disservice to all womankind, and indeed humankind, even I am not that stupid

Come the start of the tournament, I will doubtless be filled with an unreasonable optimism based upon f**k all. It'll probably only last 5 minutes or so, but I'll still hate myself for it. That kind of reasoning is why people get married more than once.

Oh me too, but not to the extent I'll put money on it.
I wonder, is it a particularly female thing or is it just that the people I watch footie with are mostly female friends so we think similarly, that it's really hard to separate club v country?
I of course always support England and can put rivalries aside, but if someone playing for England has been a c**t in general or against my team, I'm too embarrassed and disappointed to support them in an England shirt