General, General Thread Page 2,395

Yes, there is a basic paradox -where 'creativity/ negativity ' begins and ends?. What is indeed true feelings of a thought and the development of that idea thus manifests its self here?.. Is it from feelings of a personal, or 'unreal' vision of the life/universe?. Or does it dig deeper into the human psyche? These are problems I think about late at night.

Well what can I say? I am having a hard time sleeping tonight and then I read that!

I wish more people thought like you dellas - the world would be a better place :)

:) OK Bob, thanks for response I was drifting alone there a bit, but will stick to my posts, yes a tad crazy! anyway going to sleep now! Some believe

I'm a bloody troll!, well so be it

What is a definition of a 'troll' anyway?...

Quote: Rooface @ February 12 2012, 2:59 AM GMT

I can make a willy.

8=D

You've been going out with the wrong boys . . .

8======D

Quote: dellas @ February 12 2012, 6:34 AM GMT

Laughing out loud

Quote: Harridan @ February 12 2012, 1:06 AM GMT

.. but for most of history artists haven't really ever done the donkey work of actually creating the pieces themselves. Most mediaeval art was created in workshops by apprentices and if patrons wanted the actual artist to work on the pinting they had to say so explicitly (there are contracts saying that the artist had to paint the faces or the the furs etc) and today many of the most successful modern artists aren't involved in the manufacturing of their pieces, they just have the idea and get workshops to make them. It was only really a 250 year period where people were actually doing their own work!

Great sweeping statement. What was it Pope said?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ February 12 2012, 12:38 PM GMT

Great sweeping statement. What was it Pope said?

Damn with faint praise, assent with civil leer
And, without sneering, teach the rest to sneer;
Willing to wound, and yet afraid to strike,
Just hint a fault, and hesitate dislike."

Right you lovely people, have to go (stuff to do)
Try not to miss me too much :)
(I did a smiley face for you all)

Sorry, it was 1am. A great deal of Western art has been completed by teams working under the artist/master to the extent that sometimes pieces pop up and no one can discern whether they were created by a certain artist or someone in his workshop or a combination. Particularly mediaeval/renaissance works. In terms of modern artists I'm talking mainly about installation art or art that involves printing or a manufacturing process. Damien Hirst doesn't make any of his own art and is baffled by the suggestion that he should.

But yes, certainly, 'most' is probably an overstatement.

Quote: AJGO @ February 12 2012, 12:35 AM GMT

I read an interesting article recently about computer programmes generating art.
I technically think that if something is aesthetically pleasing then you can call it art regardless of how it's produced, but I actually feel that it's kind of a betrayal of what art and creativity is, that if there's no-one who felt anything at the other end, then no matter how good a picture/design it is, there can't be a connection, which is surely the point of creative ventures.

Thoughts? :)

AJGO, my background is in Performance art and Massurealism. If you would like a chat about it, give me a bell. Pleased

Quote: Oldrocker @ February 12 2012, 11:23 AM GMT

You've been going out with the wrong boys . . .

8======D

You wish. Smarmy

Quote: roscoff @ February 8 2012, 2:58 PM GMT

a) She's 17

b) Boots (pedant)

c)Sod off!

:)

Quote: Harridan @ February 12 2012, 12:47 AM GMT

I saw a programme a while back where a woman was creating poetry by writing words on beach balls and having people throw them about until she blew a whistle, and then whatever the order of the words was she claimed to be a poem. It's a similar sort of thing, the end product may look like the outcome of a creative process, but it isn't really creativity, I don't think.

That's similar to the way Bowie wrote some of his songs.

Quote: dellas @ February 12 2012, 6:34 AM GMT

A Troll is a word used to describe an Internet user who deliberately stirs up pointless arguments on a forum, s/he deligts in causing "Flame wars" where people resort to personal insults.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=flame%20war

http://www.ereviewguide.com/forums/general-internet/957-colourful-just-annoying-characters-personalities-found-forums-chat-rooms.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~

<later>

Ah finally found the personality definitions that I was really looking for:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

Heh, heh, see if you can identify yourself on this list of "Flame Warriors"

Quote: billwill @ February 12 2012, 9:55 PM GMT

<later>

Ah finally found the personality definitions that I was really looking for:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/

Heh, heh, see if you can identify yourself on this list of "Flame Warriors"

So that's all of us covered then. :P

I wonder which one fulfills this role.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigcat.htm

Big Cat would rather not fight...s/he enjoys peacefully observing forum conversations and laconically participates when the moods strikes. S/He playfully chases interesting threads, and from time to time uses a Newbie or Propellerhead as a convenient scratching post. S/He enjoys being stroked or petted, and tends to purr loudly. CAUTION: Don't be fooled by his fuzzy, playful exterior. When provoked, Big Cat reacts with lightning speed and almost always lands on his feet after an attack. Big Cat often indulges himself by toying with his victim before delivering his lethal blows.

How retro is that mouse?

I dread to think which one I am.

Quote: zooo @ February 13 2012, 12:58 AM GMT

How retro is that mouse?

I dread to think which one I am.

I see you as "Big Cat", Zooo. Softly purring but with claws of steel.

:D

"Admin" fits Aaron quite well I think.