First gig 23rd. Brickin' it Page 7

It's your first gig so don't expect to be note perfect.

Sounds like it actually went well. And I'm glad to hear you got laughs and kept your integrity

There's the laughs you need and the laughs you don't.

You've gotta slug through a good dozen or so gigs before you know if you're getting anywhere. But sounds like you're off to a good start.

Well done, leigh!

Well done Leigh, sounds like a pretty good start!

Here we go, first gig. The first 50 secs are the MC, don't worry the cameraman has been sacked....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSO0LVG4J20

Well done, Leigh, a perfectly decent first foray into stand-up. Edit and repeat.

Haha, pretty much what Bussell said.

Now you've got the debut out of the way, just keep writing and writing. Well done fella!

Well done Leigh.

Not bad at all for a first gig, I can see you were a bit nervous but that improves with time.

You may want to work on having a few quicky filler gags you're really confident with for those moments when the audience attention dips abit

I was reading the start of the thread re: paedo jokes. Perhaps an approach to that would be something like when you first appear on stage and introduce yourself, you say:

"Ok, what sort of crowd have we in here tonight, let me see... hands up if you're not a paedophile."

But you've done the gig so that's neither here nor there.

Thanks everyone for your input. I am starting to work on taking out what didnt work.

Grats man, Nothing beats the buzz of stand-up, looking forward to more of your stuff :)