Are you a brilliant comedy writer? - Call for subm

Are you a brilliant comedy writer? - Call for submissions

TellyJuice is a successful television production company based in London with years of entertainment broadcast experience including an online comedy series, sci-fi channel's 1st UK Comedy commission and a comedy feature film.

Currently we are looking to widen our pool of fantastic comedy writers. If you have what it takes to create golden comedy please send written samples of up to 10 pages and any online written or video links to tjcomedygold@gmail.com by 10th February 2012.

We look forward to reading your stuff!

*Please do not send treatments of ideas, just samples of your best writing!

;) Pity we've all got the 'dreaded Lurgy' on here!

Whistling nnocently OOh a hospital based comedy springs to mind...

Samples-wise, would the first ten pages of a sitcom be suitable, or would you like something that is complete within ten pages; such as sketches, shorts, etc?

First 10 pages would be great thanks.

Not wanting to be a doubting Thomas, but!

Obviously Tellyjuice is a genuine company, but their email address is a .com

This is a gmail account?

That's the first thing that struck me too.

You can open a gmail account in one minute. Send them to me at

nick-your-ideas@gmail.com

The 'real' company has an info@ e-mail address.
If your interested , might be worth checking with them.
Looks like they mainly do promos, rather than content, though.

Quote: bigfella @ January 6 2012, 5:50 PM GMT

Not wanting to be a doubting Thomas, but!

Obviously Tellyjuice is a genuine company, but their email address is a .com

This is a gmail account?

Given the likely flood of interest this will create, it wouldn't surprise me if someone at Tellyjuice had opened a gmail account for the specific purpose of not fouling up the office system with a deluge of submissions.

Quote: David Bussell @ January 6 2012, 6:17 PM GMT

Given the likely flood of interest this will create, it wouldn't surprise me if someone at Tellyjuice had opened a gmail account for the specific purpose of not fouling up the office system with a deluge of submissions.

Yeah, it may well be completed above board, but these questions must be asked!

He's She's got a very nice avatar.

Hello there,

Just to elaborate a bit. TellyJuice is just starting out on the arduous road of comedy development. We have several ideas that we are working up with the intention of shooting a number of tasters this year. Right now we are concentrating on building relationships with writers to commission on case by case basis. We are more interested in the writing style than the idea itself.

And the reason I 've created a gmail account is because I wanted to keep it tidy in case we received a few more scripts that anticipated.

I hope that helps.

Zoe

Hi Zoe

I think you could probably be more specific in terms of the 'style' you are looking for, and what genres of comedy you wish to try dipping your corporate toes in?

Marc

We welcome examples of sitcom, sketch, doc-spoof etc whatever you think showcases your style best.

Zoe

Cheers Zoe.

Do you look for tropes in your comedy by the way??

:)

Marc: This comedy lark? Money for old tropes. Am I right?