Not Going Out - Series 1 Page 14

I know some people didn't discover this sitcom until Series 2, so I thought it worth mentioning Series 1 starts a repeat run on Channel Dave tonight. It's the series with the American Megan Dodds as one of the main characters. 9:40pm... https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/episodes/1/1/

Right, this thread has made up my mind; I'm off to play.com now to buy the box set.

Quote: Lassoon @ September 13 2010, 12:53 AM BST

Right, this thread has made up my mind; I'm off to play.com now to buy the box set.

I am jealous. You're in for a good time. Enjoy :)

Done and done! Just got to wait now. :)

Is that the Boxed Set of all 3 series or just the first one?

Just the first one. The box set for all three series is being realised on the 27th of September, but I want it by the weekend! Provided everything goes to plan.

Does anybody know if the 1st series was shot in HD, I know the rest were?

Re Me

Don't quote me on this, but 99% certain it would have been, yes.

Quote: Aaron @ November 29 2011, 1:17 AM GMT

I ask because I have never seen this in HD, BBC HD have repeated all other series but not Series One?

They don't seem to be available on Blu-ray

Re Me

Quote: Aaron @ November 29 2011, 1:17 AM GMT

Quote: Anon Umus @ November 29 2011, 3:44 PM GMT

I ask because I have never seen this in HD, BBC HD have repeated all other series but not Series One?

They don't seem to be available on Blu-ray

Re Me

In that case, check the launch date of the BBC's HD TV service. It's probably after Series 1, in which case it could be something hilariously eye-rolling like they never bought the rights to a high-definition version of the series.

F**k all is released on Blu-ray by the BBC. Bastards. Just trying to make me buy it all on DVD then Blu-ray when they release that in a couple of years time.

Dan

They've released a number of HD-produced shows on Blu-ray, but it also depends on the production company. The BBC themselves have only been producing their in-house shows in HD for about 2 years now. Famously, John Sullivan set up his indie, Shazam Productions, specifically to shoot The Green Green Grass in HD because the BBC wouldn't agree to it themselves.

I'm amazed Aaron hasn't mentioned it before, but "blu" is actually spelt "blue".

Laughing out loud at Tim's quote by the way.

Quote: Aaron @ November 29 2011, 9:38 PM GMT

They've released a number of HD-produced shows on Blu-ray, but it also depends on the production company. The BBC themselves have only been producing their in-house shows in HD for about 2 years now. Famously, John Sullivan set up his indie, Shazam Productions, specifically to shoot The Green Green Grass in HD because the BBC wouldn't agree to it themselves.

And yet, no Blu-ray release of that either.

The Thick Of It and Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle were shown on the HD Channel and are available on DVD, so I can't see why they are not available on Blu-ray. Is there such a difference in the transfer to disc?

Dan