Not Going Out - Series 5 Page 2

Keep an eye on the TV recordings website; I thought all the tickets had gone, but someone must have changed their minds and unreserved their ticket and I was able to grab one. (And no, it is definitely not for sale! Sorry!)

Quote: Leonie Carr @ October 25 2011, 11:10 AM GMT

Hey!
I've got my tickets for 18th November for my birthday weekend! Never been to any recordings before, so, any tips? How early will I need to get there?
I really wanna see this - NGO is my favourite sitcom with my all-time fav comedian - Lee Mack!
Ta!

Hi Leonie

How did you get on, good episode?

what time did you get in queue?

I am going this Friday

Re Dave

I was there, and joining the queue at about 4:30pm got us in just under the 100 point. Bit hard to guage how long after that people were still arriving, as 3 or 4 different shows were all in the same queue.

I'm going on Friday, and intend to get there a couple of hours before the doors open. Is that a bit extreme, or a good idea?

Definitely a good idea.

Cool. Cheers.

Bobby Ball said in his Twitter feed earlier today that he was heading off for reheasals for NGO. Am I right in assuming that means he's in the episode being recorded this Friday? Because that would be awesome.

Almost certainly, yes.

Brilliant! I thought he would be, it's just nice to hear someone else say they think so to!

Quote: Lassoon @ November 22 2011, 12:27 AM GMT

I'm going on Friday, and intend to get there a couple of hours before the doors open. Is that a bit extreme, or a good idea?

Lassoon,

I agree with Aaron. We got there at 3 and were about 5/6 from the front. We were a bit concerned as it was Children in Need, Just a minute, the One Show and Not Going Out being recorded that night. As we came up from the South West, we wanted to make sure we got in. It was a pain in the ass but pack some food / drink and have a warm coat, it can get very cold.

As for the show, we weren't disappointed. It was hilarious, as was Ray Peacock the warm-up guy. The only down-side was the gobby bint sat right behind me chipping in all of the time during scenes. That's the only down side of the free beer; plebs can't handle it.

Hope you enjoy it Lassoon, it's a right hoot.

Quote: Percival Marsh @ November 23 2011, 7:33 PM GMT

The only down-side was the gobby bint sat right behind me chipping in all of the time during scenes. That's the only down side of the free beer; plebs can't handle it.

If you mean the one that kept shouting things out to the warmup guy, she was so very gobby.
(Unless she's on here, in which case she was charmingly effervescent...)

And the man who looked comparitively old enough to be her father, was her husband! But that's for another day.

Quote: zooo @ November 23 2011, 8:00 PM GMT

If you mean the one that kept shouting things out to the warmup guy, she was so very gobby.
(Unless she's on here, in which case she was charmingly effervescent...)

She was yelling things at Ray Peacock? Silly woman.

Quote: Percival Marsh @ November 23 2011, 7:33 PM GMT

Lassoon,

I agree with Aaron. We got there at 3 and were about 5/6 from the front. We were a bit concerned as it was Children in Need, Just a minute, the One Show and Not Going Out being recorded that night. As we came up from the South West, we wanted to make sure we got in. It was a pain in the ass but pack some food / drink and have a warm coat, it can get very cold.

As for the show, we weren't disappointed. It was hilarious, as was Ray Peacock the warm-up guy. The only down-side was the gobby bint sat right behind me chipping in all of the time during scenes. That's the only down side of the free beer; plebs can't handle it.

Hope you enjoy it Lassoon, it's a right hoot.

Thanks for the advice! I'm sure I'm going to have a great time!

Went last night (25th Nov) and as suggested above Bobby Ball was in it.

Quite a good one, although Lee was fluffing his lines more than normal.

Re me

Yep, I was there too! My first time at any sitcom recording, and it was a lot of fun! Everyone was brilliant.

*shameless fangirl moment*:
How hot did Lee look? He's lost so much weight! Don't get me wrong, I totally would have before, but it's nice to see him looking so healthy!

Ahem. Sorry about that... Huh?

So, yeah... great episode.