Comedy Records Page 20

These are amazing :)

There's more to go as well. I'm working flat out to get the buggers photographed and crunched through the computer. Were it not for my day job as well as trying to hold down a relationship and feed myself at the same time, believe me I would just spend all day surrounded by obscure comedy ephemera. Sadly, the ugly brute that is reality intrudes, as it always does.

I have managed to find a Bernie Clifton EP. Now there's something to look forward to.

Epic. Although Anita Harris under Orville!

Only briefly, I edited that you utter cad! Only two people saw that and one of them was me. Two mad old birds past their prime and all that. One gets confused.

Actually I did wonder if Anita Harris was really comedy. I met her through my vintage comedy / Carry On obsession and I'll forever associate her with the Carry Ons despite everything else she's ever done. I booked her for one of my events, hence the signed album below:

Anita Harris - Love to Sing

And this was the album that I replaced with Orville (the shame), the Beatles medley is quite funky, but no, there's no comedy, Anita Harris - Just Loving You:

Blimey she was a looker in her day.

:D

Phooawaarrr !

"edit - posts in 'Who do you fancy?' thread as well !"

I found a Jim Dale LP yesterday, it's called This Is Me. The intriguing thing is, he covers a song by Jake Thackaray called Lah-Di-Dah which, frankly, is making me go all moist etc. Will listen to it tonight and report back. :)

Yes, a good album, although frankly I have always found the cover terrifying:

Here are a few more recent finds, including the promised Bernie Clifton masterpiece.

Freddie Starr - It's Only Make Believe:

Rowan Atkinson with Angus Deayton - Not Just a Pretty Face:

Beryl Reid - Music Hall Singalong:

Freddie Davies - Mr Parrot Face:

This is a phrase I imagine his agent used to trot out every time Bernie was booked to race around a working men's club on his yellow comedy ostrich, in the vain hope that he squeeze another tenner out of them. Sadly, just because he sings doesn't mean his should. On the evidence of this record I think the ostrich was the more talented of the two...

Bernie Clifton - He Sings As Well:

Barron Knights - Never Mind the Presents:

Russ Abbot - Atmosphere:

And not strictly British comedy, but hey, Bert - The Best of Bert:

Some of these records, I really do need.

The Best Of Bert...want. My son has really got into The Muppets and Sesame Street lately, course I'm delighted as I love them.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ November 17 2011, 9:57 PM GMT

I must still have that somewhere. Never been listened to.
I won it when I was about 8 and me and my friends performed a song (ahem, may have been a rap, don't tell anyone) on the opening day of a new local radio station.
All my friends won Michael Jackson and fun stuff, and when I went to be handed my prize it was Freddie f**king Starr.
THAT'S why I've never liked him, I just realised.

Quote: zooo @ November 18 2011, 12:15 AM GMT

THAT'S why I've never liked him, I just realised.

Well you should because he is a comic genius !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOu2jJigMQc

He's scary!

LOL. Brilliant story. zooo MC.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 17 2011, 11:45 PM GMT

The Best Of Bert...want. My son has really got into The Muppets and Sesame Street lately, course I'm delighted as I love them.

This one is fairly ubiquitous and has all the Muppets' greatest hits on:

And, proving she can give Beryl Reid a run for her money, here's Miss Piggy's attempt at recreating the world of the Music Hall: