Four Lions - Chris Morris' Jihadi Comedy Page 12

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 23 2010, 4:31 PM BST

Saw Waj in a pub in Soho a few weeks ago. I watched him for about half an hour and he didn't blow anything up or anything.

They're like pots, a watched Muslim never explodes.

Is that how Labour justified all these bloody CCTV cameras?

I attended a screening of this last night in New York with Chris Morris doing a Q&A afterwards. The American distribution company posted a clip of best question ... or maybe I should say the best answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7UugnrlaM

AV Club interview with Chris here:

http://www.avclub.com/articles/chris-morris,47210/

Quote: MTpromises @ November 4 2010, 7:09 PM GMT

I attended a screening of this last night in New York with Chris Morris doing a Q&A afterwards. The American distribution company posted a clip of best question ... or maybe I should say the best answer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7UugnrlaM

I've yet to see this film but I suspect Morris did a lot of careful research so he could meet critics head on.

As well as having no angry Islamists ranting, I'm surprised the Tabloid Taliban haven't been on his back ('Paedo Comic's Sick Terror Film').

If it's a BBC film they could of even get an enraged quote from the Taxpayers' Alliance.

Quote: youngian @ November 23 2010, 2:09 PM GMT

If it's a BBC film they could of even get an enraged quote from the Taxpayers' Alliance.

I think it's a film that the BBC tried to steer clear from as much as they could.

Anyone else feel that the tonal shift kind of creeped up on them. Until then, bloody funny stuff fnar fnar...

Quote: youngian @ November 23 2010, 2:09 PM GMT

I've yet to see this film but I suspect Morris did a lot of careful research so he could meet critics head on.

As well as having no angry Islamists ranting, I'm surprised the Tabloid Taliban haven't been on his back ('Paedo Comic's Sick Terror Film').

Looking back, it didn't cause much controversey at all. There was a bit, but not much. Certainly nothing compared to the Brass Eye special.

This is a 'must watch' movie for all comedy fans.

It's hilarious but also deeply worrying.

There are no jokes and there's no slapstick.

This is, on the face of it, a film about some thoroughly decent young men who believe their destiny is to achieve Heavenly glory by blowing themselves - and as many other people as possible - to bits.

All the comedy (and there's tons of it) comes from 100%-believable character.

You'll laugh your socks off again and again (assuming you replace them each time) but you'll end up far more worried about Islamic extremism than you ever were before.

This is certainly one of the funniest films I've ever seen but, as I say, it's extremely worrying.

Chris Morris deserves an award for this magnificent piece of cinema.

It's a great film, and deserves awards a-plenty. No doubt about that from me. Best British comedy film in ages.

This is the first time I've watched a comedy/drama that was actually funny and dramatic. Very close to the bone and worrying at times, yet hilarious due to the stupidity of the characters.

And topical again as in the one that went to Sweden and detonated before he got near anyone.
Very close to the characters in the film

I wouldn't want the characters' stupidity to be overstated.

True, one of them isn't very bright but the others are very normal indeed.

This is NOT slapstick.

It's intelligent drama that just happens to be hilarious.

I think only one of the characters would pass for 'intelligent'
And one for very stupid - but the 'normal' ones did get kicked out of training camp for being stupid (and I read, this happens a lot in real life)
We will never know why the man in Sweden went off early but 'stupid' must be a front-runner

I watched this a couple of weeks ago. Can someone explain why the white Muslim bloke seemed to be racially abusing the main Pakistani bloke?