Writing Opportunity for Humorists

CheerReader is a website dedicated to humour. By that we mean humourous short stories, articles and comment. We don't do jokes, short or elongated, but look for amusement and wit in well crafted writing.

Now we are having our first quarterly competition for short stories. The stories must at least bring a smile to the faces of the judges, or leave them feeling happier than they did before they started reading. Perhaps you can make them roar with laughter, or perhaps your humour is more subtle? Whatever type of humour you're into, we welcome it, because there's far too little of it around.

The word limit on the stories is 2,500, and the closing date is February 28th 2011. It costs 5 euros to enter, and there are three cash prizes - 50 euros for 1st, 30 euros for 2nd and 20 euros for 3rd. Full details of the competition can be found at http://cheerreader.co.uk . Just follow the links to Competitions, and then to Rules and Regulations. Good luck!

You can also contribute to the rest of the site (with appropriate credit) - just read the requirements and follow the links. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sentcha something - hope it's the sort of thing you're looking for.

Nope, it was an I.O.U.

I could put one of my short stories on Lulu, charge 5 euros for it and send them the link.

Is this really worth the effort? What really does anybody achieve by putting their stuff online?