Comedy.co.uk Awards 2009

Yes, it's that time of year again folks!

The Comedy.co.uk Awards - covering all British comedy from 2009 - are now open for voting. Previously known at the British Comedy Guide Awards, we've renamed them this year with the further expansion of the website, partly to give them more prominence, and hopefully get more votes too.

Remember, these are the ONLY mainstream comedy awards (some previous years' results have been quoted in the press, and with DVD releases and so on) that are voted for by the public and not a faceless panel, so your votes really do count!

You can head on over to https://www.comedy.co.uk/awards/2009/ now to vote.
Please do tell all of your friends! If you're posting on Twitter or the like, you can use the short link http://bit.ly/5Plp8p to send people to the site.

The awards will only be open for a couple of weeks, so get voting now! (I've tried. It really is bloody difficult to choose.)

Nice to see there's an intelligence test before you can vote.

Great, thanks for taking part. A quick explanation for those new to our awards: we have 8 categories, and in each category we ask you to pick a favourite and a second favourite. The comedy programme you vote as your favourite will get two points, and your second favourite will get one point. When we close the voting, the comedy with the most points will win the category. Simple. We're also looking to name the 'worst' comedy in each category, so you also have the opportunity to give a negative vote to something.

To make a selection, just click on the circle that's in line with the comedy you want to vote for. When you've made your three selections, scroll to the bottom and press the button to move onto the next category. You'll have a chance to check and change all your votes at the end

I'll vote in the morning.

Voted but I had a lot of no votes Errr Hadn't even heard of most the things listed.

Sorry comedy Console

Voted.

It's sooooo hard.

A very tough choice I thought. Yes, there are some I knew I was going to vote for already (come on QI!) but when you've got such a variation of shows, you have to decide very carefully.

I've also tweeted in and it's been retweeted! ;) (I have no idea if that's good).

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle was Best Comedy for me, but I almost missed it as it doesn't fall into any other category and is alphabetically near the bottom of the 'overall' list!

Dan

I've just voted. I don't like the way if you vote for one off shows, this wipes out you series votes. So you have to go back and edit. And I don't like that there's no Final Button, that you push and all your votes are locked tight.

Quote: swerytd @ January 5 2010, 9:55 AM GMT

Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle was Best Comedy for me, but I almost missed it as it doesn't fall into any other category and is alphabetically near the bottom of the 'overall' list!

Dan

Yeah I thought it should be in TV Panel/Satire section as it would have got my vote there. Good awards anyway, my winners were How Not to Live Your Life and Inbetweeners

Yeah, I thought How Not To Live Your Life for Best Returning Sitcom by virtue of it being such an improvement over series 1. Well done, that man!

Dan

Quote: Griff @ January 5 2010, 8:59 AM GMT

Interesting to score your choices afterwards by channel. 2pts for a win, 1 pt for a second place, 0 for no vote, -1 for a worst gives me:

1. Radio Four (6 pts)
2. BBC2 (4 pts)
3. C4/BBC1 (3 pts)
4. ITV (2 pts)
5. Radio 7 (1 pt)
6. BBC Three/ITV2 (-1 pt)

Of course R4 have a statistical advantage as the only real player in three of the categories.

Here is my list:

Radio Four/BBC Two: 5
BBC One: 3
Channel 4: 2
BBC Four/Radio 5: 1
BBC Three: -1

I voted but not for worst.

Quote: swerytd @ January 5 2010, 9:55 AM GMT

Dan

Yeah I missed that too. :(

Aaron must have hid it! :O

The choices were very difficult. I left some out too, as I've hardly listened to any radio over the past year.

I've voted - not easy though I suggest you let us choose our top five next time round!

And with the worst I tend not to watch programmes I don't like so can I really say eg Last of the Summer Wine is the worst if I've not seen any this time round?

So I went for ones I tried but didn't like.

Thanks for the S Lee tip Dan - he gets my vote too. I'm looking forward to watching him on Mastermind too (from last night).

:)

Quote: Jane P @ January 5 2010, 1:21 PM GMT

I've voted - not easy though I suggest you let us choose our top five next time round!

And with the worst I tend not to watch programmes I don't like so can I really say eg Last of the Summer Wine is the worst if I've not seen any this time round?

That's the problem I remember having last year, top five sounds good. Hello Jane Wave

I will vote when I get home. For best sitcom is 'Rage against the machine' an option?