SKIT COMP 10.10-18.10.09

Good stuff and congrats to... ROBO and KASM! That's 10 points each and the chance to PM me for next week's subject please. Hence:

Votes - Points - Name

2 - 10 - Robo, Kasm
1 - 5 - Otterfox, me, Baumski

Your new subject: MAGIC (chosen by Timbo).
Rules:
One entry per person. Can be a sketch, joke, lyric or anything along those lines. Please try and only post your entry/vote and no other posts.
You can edit your entry as much as you want, up until the closing time.

Competition Closes: 18.10

Overall Leader Board is now:

Points - Name

103 - Frankie
101 - Chris Forshaw
98 - Fred Peters
98 - Cool Mikado
85 - Otterfox
82 - Charley Rance
79 - Nigel Kelly
66 - Jude
66 - Fred Sunshine
66 - Timbo
65 - Baumski
60 - Michael Monkhouse
35 - Afinkawan
32 - Swerytd
32 - Paul Watson
21 - Mikey J
28 - Leevil
26 - David Chapman
20 - James Harris
20 - Blobster
20 - Kevin Murphy
20 - Dannyjb1
20 - Niteowl
20 - Lazzard
18 - Tom G
17 - Ellie
16 - Eggie
15 - Bushbaby
15 - Roscoff
15 - Cinnamon
15 - Dale
12 - Geoff Mutton
11 - Badge
11 - Steven
10 - Robo
10 - Kasm
10 - Nitram Skir
10 - Socrates
10 - Tom Campbell
10 - Tommy Power
10 - Waring
09 - ajp29
09 - ShoePie
08 - Stylo
07 - garyd
07 - Winterlight
06 - Little Jersey Devil
06 - Hellboy
06 - Wayne Lewis
06 - John Kelly
06 - Andrew Lynch
o5 - Pedros
05 - Summer G
05 - Mannikin Bird
05 - Tumble
05 - Greggles
05 - Happy Shopper
05 - Timothy Marshal-Nichols
05 - Rob B
04 - Andy W
04 - losaavedra
04 - Nil Putters
02 - Stu R
02 - Imamazed
02 - Slack Bladder
02 - Paul Nash
02 - Boits
02 - Gavin
02 - Craig H
01 - Minty
01 - Shpadoinkle
01 - Shaggy292
01 - amillionpounds
01 - Jake How
01 - David Bussell
01 - Charisma
01 - Skibbington von Skubber
01 - Ginger Jesus
01 - Nick Rivers
01 - Daddy Maz
01 - Martin Bickle
01 - Batman
01 - Ray Dawson
01 - Marion
01 - Tooting Jo

Spot any mistakes? There may well be, I'm a twot, so PM me. Thanks...

INT.STAFF CANTEEN.DAY

A MAGICIAN WALKS INTO SHOT, SITS DOWN AND TAKES OFF HIS TOP HAT AND PLACES IT ON THE TABLE. THE MAGICIAN THEN PUTS HIS HAND INTO THE HAT AND PRODUCES A CARTON OF DRINK FROM WITHIN. AFTER RUMMAGING AROUND A BIT MORE HE PRODUCES AN APPLE CORE, FOLLOWED BY AN EMPTY PACKET OF CRISPS AND THEN SOME CRUMPLED UP TIN FOIL. LOOKING ANNOYED THE MAGICIAN DELVES INTO THE HAT AGAIN AND EVENTUALLY PULLS OUT A HAPPY LOOKING RABBIT. THE RABBIT LETS OUT A LITTLE BURP.

INT. CHARITY SHOP - DAY

A husband, wife and young son are looking around a charity shop. The shop assistant comes over.

ASSISTANT
Can I help you with anything?

WIFE
Yes please. We're looking for a nice sofa throw or a blanket or something like that.

ASSISTANT
We've actually got quite a nice one over here that a magician donated when he retired.

The assistant goes over to a shelf and takes out a dusty folded up blanket. She hands it to the wife who unfolds it.

WIFE
Bit dusty.

The wife flicks the blanket in front of the son to get the dust off it. When she brings the blanket back in to herself the son has disappeared.

EXT. DAY. INDIA.

A FAKIR IS PLAYING A FLUTE. THERE IS A LARGE COIL OF ROPE ON THE GROUND. THE ROPE STRAIGHTENS AND STARTS TO MOVE UPWARDS TO THE SKY. A GROUP OF SPECIAL FORCES ABSEIL DOWN THE ROPE. THEY SHOW THE FAKIR A MAP AND HE POINTS TO INDIA. THE SPECIAL FORCES SHAKE THEIR HEADS AND CLIMB UP THE ROPE.

BBC TV CENTRE. RECORDING OF A PRIME-TIME SATURDAY NIGHT SLOT.

STUDIO AUDIENCE FULL OF ANTICIPATION.

ANNOUNCER
Ladies and gentlemen, iiiiiiiittttttt's Paul Daniels!!!!!

SFX
Thunderous applause.

CAMERA SWEEP ACROSS THE AUDIENCE THAT'S WHOOPING AND SQUEALING WITH DELIGHT. WE THEN SEE PAUL COME ON WITH A PIECE OF PAPER.

PAUL
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Here's a trick you may like, but...

CUT TO CLOSE UP OF PAUL RAISING HIS EYEBROWS.

Paul (Cont'd)
…not a lot.

SFX
Laughter and hilarity

CAMERA FOCUSES ON AUDIENCE WHO ARE BESIDE THEMSELVES WITH GLEE. WE THEN SEE PAUL TEAR UP THE PAPER, SCREW IT INTO A BALL AND TURN HIS BACK ON THE AUDIENCE BEFORE TURNING TO FACE THEM AGAIN AND OPENING UP THE PAPER TO REVEAL… IT'S IN ONE PIECE – WHOLE AGAIN!

CAMERA PANS ACROSS A SEA OF FACES IN THE AUDIENCE THAT ARE GENUINELY SHOCKED AND ASTOUNDED BY THIS BIZARRE TURN OF EVENTS.

ANNOUNCER
And here's… Debbieeeee Mcgee!!

SFX
More explosive applause – louder than on Paul's entry (if that's possible)

DEBBIE COMES ON IN A SHORT DRESS AND FULL MAKE-UP. SHE BLOWS KISSES AT THE ECSTATIC AUDIENCE.

DEBBIE
Love you all. And you too, Paul!

WE CAN ALMOST FEEL THE AUDIENCE'S DEEP RESPECT AND OUTPOURINGS OF LOVE TOWARDS THE HAPPY COUPLE.

CUT TO THE BBC CONTROLLER HANDING OVER A CHEQUE TO PAUL AND DEBBIE AFTER THE SUCCESSFUL SHOW. PAUL LOOKS IMPRESSED BY THE AMOUNT ON THE CHEQUE AND TURNS TO US, SMUGLY.

PAUL
Now that's magic.

Ext: A blind man is walking down a busy street with a guide dog. The guide dog becomes loose and wanders off. The blind man is left just holding the top of the lead.
A driver notices this and starts beeping his horn. The blindman continues to walk across busy roads cars just missing him motorbikes and cyclists swerve around him and a huge truck justs breaks in time not to run him over.
Finally the man turns into his street and into his front garden and begins fumbling for his front door key. The motorist who has been following all the time turns to camera.

Motorist: Now that's what I call magic.

An aeroplane engine falls on the blind man.

A Dummy chats to his Ventriloquist.

Johnny:
Frank, we need to talk

Ventriloquist:
I'm listening.

Johnny:
I just don't think that we are working anymore .. as a fartnership.

Ventriloquist:
Oh come on Johnny, we've still got the magic.

Johnny:
No we haven't Frank, we're not that good, we were never that good

Ventriloquist:
Johnny old pal, we're one of the best Ventriloquist acts in the whole of the South west Butlins circuit.

Johnny:
Oh Frank, these days it's just emgarrassing. I can't pronounce my P's or B's without your lips moving, and I don't know how you exfect me to recite the alphaget while you're drinking a glass of water.

Ventriloquist:
But that's our showstopper!

Johnny:
I know, that's the hroblem.

Ventriloquist:
So what are you saying Johnny, do you want us to split up?

Johnny:
I have to choose my words carefully as usual, but yes. I want to go it alone

Ventriloquist:
You're nothing without me Johnny & you know it.

Johnny:
I'll be fine, I can start a new duffle act.

Ventriloquist:
Well maybe I'll just find a new dummy

Johnny:
Good!

Ventriloquist:
Fine!

Johnny:
Yes it will ge a git weird with someone elses hand up my gum, but I think it's for the gest.

Ventriloquist:
Well it's your choice. We'll just go our separate ways. Then we'll see who's Goss, I mean Boss.

THE VENTRILOQUIST REMOVES HIS ARM AND WALKS AWAY

Johnny(UNABLE TO MOVE)
I didn't think that one through - Gollocks.

Announcer (uninterested)
Give a big Joe's Diner welcome to Merv the Magnificent...

WITH A FLASH AND A CLOUD OF SMOKE A MAGICIAN WALKS ONTO STAGE WITH A LOOK OF TOTAL DISINTEREST ON HIS FACE. THE 'AUDIENCE' STIR ONLY TO SEE WHAT HAS INTERRUPTED THEIR MEAL.

PRODUCING A WAND FROM NOWHERE, HE WAVES IT MAGICALLY IN THE AIR THEN PUSHES IT IN HIS EAR UNTIL ONLY A SMALL PART CAN BE SEEN. HE RAISES HIS HANDS TRIUMPHANTLY THEN COLLAPSES IN A HEAP, BLOOD RUNNING FROM THE EAR AND POOLING ON THE FLOOR.

A RABBIT APPEARS FROM OUT OF HIS COAT AND HOPS OFF STAGE.

SOMEONE CLAPS.

END.

WIFE
You promised that our marriage would be magic.

HUSBAND

I know and it has been.

WIFE
But you came to me with nothing, neither looks nor money.
You've had a fine time spending my millions and now you've
found someone else?

HUSBAND

But surely you know that magic means Trickery.

====================
Just An Illusion
====================
STEVE
Oh, for goodness sake, Alan! It's just an illusion!

ALAN
Oh, Steeeeeeeve! Please show me! Please please *please*!

STEVE
Oh, okay then. Give me your watch...

ALAN GIVES STEVE HIS WATCH. STEVE PUTS IT IN A VELVET BAG ON THE TABLE.

STEVE
Now, give me your iPhone...

ALAN GIVES STEVE HIS IPHONE. STEVE PUTS IT IN ANOTHER VELVET BAG.

STEVE
And give me your car keys...

ALAN GIVES STEVE HIS CAR KEYS. STEVE PUTS THEM IN A THIRD VELVET BAG.

STEVE PULLS OUT A MALLET AND COMPREHENSIVELY SMASHES ALL THE BAGS.

ALAN CLAPS WITH EXCITEMENT.

STEVE EMPTIES ALL THE BAGS ON THE TABLE. HE MIXES ALL THE COMPONENTS UP THOROUGHLY, THEN PICKS UP A HANDFUL AT RANDOM AND PUTS IT IN THE FIRST BAG. ANOTHER HANDFUL GOES IN THE SECOND BAG. THE REST IS PUT IN THE THIRD BAG.

STEVE PULLS OUT A CHAINSAW. ALAN IS GIDDY WITH EXCITEMENT. STEVE SLICES EACH BAG INTO STRIPS. HE PICKS UP A STRIP AND ITS FALLING CONTENTS FROM EACH BAG AND BALLS THEM UP, SHOVING THEM INTO A PLASTIC BAG HE PULLS OUT OF HIS POCKET.

STEVE
Now give me a fifty pound note...

ALAN EXCITEDLY PULLS OUT A FIFTY POUND NOTE AND HANDS IT TO STEVE. STEVE PUTS IT IN HIS INSIDE POCKET AND HANDS THE PLASTIC BAG TO ALAN.

STEVE
And that, my friend, is why the banking system failed...

ALAN
Bravo!

END

THE JOYOUS RETURN OF HENRY GIBBONS.

INT- CHAT SHOW. WE JOIN CHAT SHOW HOST LARRY WALLER.

LARRY:
….And that was Peter Swift and his-his... well I'm not quite sure what that was! (becoming serious)
Now, as I'm sure you all know by now Henry Gibbons the renowned scientist was found alive and well today half a year after he was kidnapped from his home.

Where was he? What happened? Who were his captors? We hope to find the answers to all those questions right now. Ladies and Gentlemen will you please give it up for the very much alive Henry Gibbons!!

APPLAUSE. LARRY GIVES HENRY A WARM HANDSHAKE AND THEY SIT DOWN.

LARRY:
Welcome, welcome.

HENRY:
Thank you.

LARRY:
..So many questions. Henry, where have you been, where were you kept?

HENRY:
They kept me in a large kennel with lawnmowers, tools, that sort of thing.

LARRY:
A shed I suppose.

HENRY:
Well if you want to get technical about it I suppose you could say that, yes.

LARRY:
How long were you kept in this shed?

HENRY:
Six of their months, which would be about 5 and a half to 6 of our months also.

LARRY:
So what kind of contact did they have with you? Did they feed you?

HENRY:
Yes. They would bring me food and water twice a day but they used to also call in every 3 hours with a frog.

LARRY:
With a frog?

HENRY:
Yes. They would bring in a shoebox, open the lid, show me the frog, close the box again and leave.

LARRY:
(CONFUSED) And do you know what their reasoning was for this?

HENRY:
(voice rises in pitch as he explains) My reasoning was that they must have felt that I had a great affection for frogs and they wanted to let me know that frogs were still thriving so that I wouldn't be worrying about them and so that I wouldn't fret under their captivity.

LARRY:
Well a lot of people were worrying and fretting about you. Most people thought you were dead!

HENRY:
So did I!..... I got the papers too. The Sun had it, so did The Mirror but it wasn't until I read it in the broadsheets that I really sat up and took notice.

LARRY:
I think the main question on everyone's lips is what did they want with you. There was no ransom demands, no contact with the police or the government. It really seems to be shrouded in mystery. Did you ever see your captors?

HENRY:
Only their faces…. You see they were pretty much covered in clothes other than that. As for your 1st question. They said they wanted me to either develop a transporting device or split, split am….split….

LARRY:…The atom?

HENRY:
….My head open. I weighed up the pros and cons and decided to go with option A. the transporter. I knew they either wanted some sort of goods carrier or the teleportation device used in Star Trek but I thought I'd look stupid if I asked you see so I set to work on the Star Trek one.

LARRY:
So they thought you could just conjure up a transporter?

HENRY:
Oh yes. You can pretty much build anything once you have arms. You have arms don't you? (HE CHECKS) Yes you do, you could build it aswell.

LARRY:
So now we come to the exciting bit. How did you escape?

HENRY:
Ha ha hmm… That's the magical part. I had to use this(points to head). (Smugly) So I got to work building the transporter. About 2 months in I needed to find a metal sheet as a conductor to control the flow. I had noticed the bonnet of a car lying outside the window but with no way of getting to it.

Unbeknownst to them though I had been secretly burrowing a hole under the shed which I would cover with the transporter. Finally the hole was just about big enough. I waited until the cover of darkness, cautiously checked my surroundings and crawled out (BEAT) I got the metal sheet, brought it back into the shed, used it to conduct the device, 4 months later it was completed. I stepped in and beamed myself to freedom!(PROUD).

LARRY:
Wow! What a story. That is truly fascinating. You are an inspiration to us all. Just one thing. When you crawled out to get the metal sheet, why didn't you just make a break for it? Why did you go back into the shed?

HENRY'S PROUD LOOK FADES AS REALISATION HITS.

LARRY:
Nevertheless. What an inspiring story. Ladies and Gentlemen Henry Gibbons!

THE CREW AND HENRY POSE FOR PHOTOS. HENRY LOOKS SERIOUSLY MIFFED. THEY ARE TOLD TO RAISE THEIR FISTS IN JUBILATION FOR THE PHOTO. HENRY DISCREETLY PUNCHES THE PRESENTER IN THE FACE.

WE SEE A STILL OF ALL THE CREW AND HENRY WITH FISTS RAISED THE PRESENTER HAS A CONTORTED LOOK ON HIS FACE AND IS MID-FALL AFTER THE PUNCH.

END.

Swerytd.

Chris, for sure.

Nigel.

Nigel