Craig Cash and Phil Mealey

Are on Radcliffe and Maconie on radio 2 now- have just said that they're working on a new Royle Family special that may reach TV for this Christmas.

Another one?? They seem to be pushing their luck a bit! Looking forward to it either way :)

Christ, give it up already. Wasn't it only last year that they had the final final special final? *shakes head*

Do something else. More Early Doors!!

They've also said that they may go to the Beeb and ask if they can do another series or Early Doors (do it now!)

Apparently the BBC were ready to commission a third series a while back but Cash and Mealey said they werent gonna do it coz the 2nd series was poorly promoted and the Beeb took them at their word- which they weren't expecting!

Fair point though, I didn't see much promotion behind it at all! Shame..

What does this mean then.......

https://www.comedy.co.uk/early_doors/episodes.shtml

Old post , I presume.....
Wouldn't that be great , a 3rd series Rolling eyes

Oh yes, oops. A third series was half-commissioned in 2005 but I think a change of personel at the Beeb and the writers getting distracted meant it never materialised.

Early Doors is one of the shows people most want back - and with the writers' success with Sunshine perhaps they will give it another stab.

I'm guessing these two are friends for life , and bring out the best in themselves when they write and produce a comedy together , so something will come up eventually.

Let's just hope that it's more Early Doors...... :D , or maybe another sitcom like that , based in the North of course , simple setting , that seems to work best for these boys.
We should all rally together , email the bosses of the Beeb and get them to let another series out on prime time!

It wasn't easy to track down, but I just finished the first series of Early Doors. Great stuff!

Quote: EarlyDoor @ October 19 2008, 7:53 PM BST

We should all rally together , email the bosses of the Beeb and get them to let another series out on prime time!

I thought the second series got a pretty good repeat time? After the ten O'Clock news on BBC1. That's a decent slot. Any earlier and it'd get slaughtered in the ratings.

Quote: Seefacts @ October 6 2008, 9:37 PM BST

Do something else. More Early Doors!!

Ahh! That was a real hidden gem!

Virtually the entire cast of Early Doors was in Sunshine.

Indeed , I counted about 7 or 8 characters from Early Doors.