What do you think?

I was at my local Asda today and I noticed a lad who works there was dressed as a woman in a skirt, blouse and heels with a wig and makeup and I must admit he looked good and it suited him. I've seen him many times there before dressed as a guy so today I thought fair play to him. If he wants to dress as a woman then he should be able to but it also made me question what kind of decisions would have been made by his boss and HR to agree to him dressing as a female. Is he just a gay guy who cross dresses casually or is he someone who wants to transition? If it was a casual thing then I wouldn't be so sure about allowing it but if it's someone who wants to change gender I applaud the employer for recognising that.

What do you think?

I think it's time we looked into people's eyes/faces and recognised them as other humans like the rest of us. Women have taken to wearing nothing but bloody trousers so why shouldn't men wear dresses?

I don't think all that much because it's none of my business. But I very much doubt anyone would go through all the crap they're likely to get for it if it was just a casual thing. She's probably transitioning.

And I don't really think 'gay guys cross dressing casually' is actually a thing. Do you mean people who dress in drag?

Also, the original guy could have a twin sister!

Quote: keewik @ 23rd July 2016, 11:14 PM BST

I think it's time we looked into people's eyes/faces and recognised them as other humans like the rest of us. Women have taken to wearing nothing but bloody trousers so why shouldn't men wear dresses?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-36868781 This is excellent.

This was my argument when I came out as a tranny to my friends at a party a few years ago. I said it's just cloth so who cares.

Yes. Good for them. You know I can't understand the obsession with trousers. I'll put it in a very basic way: men AND women can go to the toilet easily if wearing skirts. Men wearing trousers, fine, but women wearing trousers end up with their trousers trailing on the ground if they use public toilets.

Quote: zooo @ 23rd July 2016, 11:17 PM BST

I don't think all that much because it's none of my business. But I very much doubt anyone would go through all the crap they're likely to get for it if it was just a casual thing. She's probably transitioning.

And I don't really think 'gay guys cross dressing casually' is actually a thing. Do you mean people who dress in drag?

Also, the original guy could have a twin sister!

That's what I thought because it can't be easy for someone to do that. It's still taboo and narrow minded people point and stare. I pity them for not having an ounce of humanity.

Well, it's late at night and I've probablyy had too much wine, which is my excuse for saying these intolerant bastards should be put up against a wall and shot (along with Prince Phillip and the other parasites).

Quote: zooo @ 23rd July 2016, 11:34 PM BST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-36868781 This is excellent.

During a swimming lesson at school where we had a box full of clothes to pick for a test of staying afloat when fully clothed I used a denim skirt which created an air bubble that made it much easier.

Bloke working in Tesco, wearing a short skirt, stacking the top shelves - with a big pair of balls hanging out? No thanks.

Women have taken to wearing nothing but bloody trousers so why shouldn't men wear dresses?

Live and let live - but if a 40 year old man walks into the Pig & Whistle wearing a sports bra and panties, there's gonna be murders.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd July 2016, 11:10 PM BST

Is he just a gay guy who cross dresses casually or is he someone who wants to transition? If it was a casual thing then I wouldn't be so sure about allowing it but if it's someone who wants to change gender I applaud the employer for recognising that.

What do you think?

I often used to wear drag, makeup (and occasionally wigs, although my own hair was plenty long) in public and bars just for the fun of it. Just to be a little different and to shock people. Perhaps I was just an attention whore. Never considered getting the balls cut off or the cock spliced and inverted inwards. (Although I can see where William C. Minor was coming from.)

Last time I was in Australia, I noticed a few of the low-end supermarkets had overtly queer cashiers: lipstick, lisping, mincing, heavy eyeshadow. So perhaps the next step is to allow pooftahs to wear drag in the workplace. Provided they are clean and competent, no worries, but I reckon a few people would feel repulsed by tranny cashiers.

Cutting your balls off and wearing a dress doesn't make you a hero. Nor should it merit any preferential treatment in the workplace.

Quote: zooo @ 23rd July 2016, 11:17 PM BST

And I don't really think 'gay guys cross dressing casually' is actually a thing.

It was with me. Sometimes, when in a bar, I'd convince a woman to swap clothes with me. Christ, I tore a lot of too-tight dresses across the back. Skirts, usually no worries. But bras and bodices were always too tight.

Quote: don rushmore @ 24th July 2016, 2:27 AM BST

Live and let live - but if a 40 year old man walks into the Pig & Whistle wearing a sports bra and panties, there's gonna be murders.

When in drag, in my 20s, I'd often go to the macho bars, frequented by the oil, gas, mining, construction crews. Never had any worries, apart from once being playfully stabbed in both fake boobs.

I don't understand that if you decide to wear a dress and makeup, I suddenly become narrow minded and without a shred of humanity.

There is a guy walks around my town in full garb. He can't walk in his stilettos and his makeup is plastered on. Everyone looks back when he has passed because it's comical.

Only thing I have ever thought (after laughing) is; he has some bottle to do that, more power to him/her

I dunno clothing is just some pieces of material you drape around yourself, makeup is some decoration you put on yourself.

Who cares? It seems if you step back saying "trousers for men, skirts for women or it's odd" is a pretty weird thing to say.

I mean take for example pants. They constrain the groin if not downright baggy and in the summer heat, it more than says a skirt.

These are both things that damage the testes ability to produce healthy sperm. Most warrior cultures from Polynesia to Scotland wore skirts because they enabled warriors to move more freely.

So how on earth did they get associated with femininity in the first place?

I like how we're living more and more in a society where the theme is who cares?

Quote: Ronald S @ 24th July 2016, 8:52 AM BST

He can't walk in his stilettos and his makeup is plastered on. Everyone looks back when he has passed because it's comical.

Getting high heels in size 13 is (or used to be) a real bitch. I ended up having to get some made by a cobbler.

Most blokes in dresses and makeup do indeed look comical. Especially when there's lots of chest hair showing. And a beard.

Quote: sootyj @ 24th July 2016, 10:18 AM BST

These are both things that damage the testes ability to produce healthy sperm. Most warrior cultures from Polynesia to Scotland wore skirts because they enabled warriors to move more freely.
So how on earth did they get associated with femininity in the first place?

Horses. When the horse replaced the (now extinct) giant flying squirrel as the preferred mode of transport for patriarchal societies, blokes found that trousers gave them a bit more flexibility and comfort -- while womenfolk stayed indoors or in the fields in their skirts.

I live in the land of the sarong. Great for housewear, sleepwear. Not great for playing football.