The Rebel - Series 1 Page 8

I am tempted to pay for Gold.

Congratulations Beaky!

And a big feature on The One Show to boot.

Callow and the always excellent Patterson were great value, did you have any say on casting?

I will be really interested to see how it develops as the series continues.

Really pleased for you.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The courtroom scene had me in stitches.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.

Well done.

Glad you enjoyed it! Simon was my suggestion, the others were chosen by the director.

Good choice of music too.

Hopefully a kindly Pirate will upload this so that I can see it in the States.

Quote: DaButt @ 21st July 2016, 3:00 PM BST

Hopefully a kindly Pirate will upload this so that I can see it in...

...Swaziland...er, Switzerland.

Pretty good reviews, all in all: the best and the worst were both in the Guardian, oddly enough!

Quote: beaky @ 21st July 2016, 3:41 PM BST

Pretty good reviews, all in all: the best and the worst were both in the Guardian, oddly enough!

Let it never be said that the Guardian holds a reliable, firm opinion.

155,000 viewers. Not great in comparison to other channels, but a very good figure indeed for Gold. They should all be very happy with that. Hope next week continues the trend. :)

Let's hope it rains more!
Er - I mean...

The appeal to imaginary jury, blunt object description and pity play in court were masterfully done.

Quote: Woozie @ 21st July 2016, 12:11 AM BST

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The courtroom scene had me in stitches.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.

Well done.

Why wasn't he tried in a Magistrates' Court first?

Callow was like an anarchic Victor Meldrew for the modern day.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 21st July 2016, 8:06 PM BST

Why wasn't he tried in a Magistrates' Court first?

Callow was like an anarchic Victor Meldrew for the modern day.

It was meant to be a magistrate's court, which the judge had commandeered as the case was interesting, but those lines were cut, as the scene was too long anyway!

Another thumbs up from me. Callow was great - liked his punk spirit. A very strong cast all round.

Can't think of a better new UK sitcom that's been launched on a pay-to-view channel, inc. Sky1, and I've checked out pretty much all of them (as a Virgin customer, can't get Sky Atlantic annoyingly.) I bet/hope Sky are kicking themselves for not picking this up - especially once it bags some awards.

beaky, did you get a chance to chat to Doon Mackichan? Any Toast Of London gossip you can share? :)

Would be amazed if this doesn't get recommissioned - only issue might be Callow's availability/schedule.

Fingers crossed!