Who Dares Wins, C4 Sketch Show, 1980s

Who remembers this? I recall particularly the last series, and the Gold Blend coffee advert spoof. Didn't one of the episodes have an inane, loud, irritating DJ strangled by studio invaders, who then sang an acapella song on-air about what they'd just done, which ended, 'Next week we'll do Simon Bates'?

I used to watch it but can't remember anything about it as I was so young when it was on. All I remember is the opening sequence with the guy walking home with a take away and then opening his fridge. Sometimes there would be a human head in the fridge which scared the s*** out of me.

Yes, I remember the two arrogant twats who thought they were God's gift to comedy being Jimmy Mulville and Rory McGrath - otherwise it was a good show.

Tony Robinson was in it too

It was a bit like C4's version of Not The Nine O'Clock News.

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st May 2016, 12:50 PM BST

It was a bit like C4's version of Not The Nine O'Clock News.

...........without the humour.

Wasn't the bloke who played Elmo in Brush Strokes Howard Lew Lewis in it too?

No, Howard Lew Lewis was in Chelmsford 123 which also starred Mulville and McGrath. That'll be what you're confusing it with :)

It wasn't that bad - apart from the period fashions :O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6S9MLkAHLw

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MmOIpjgq5kI

Quote: Danny @ 2nd May 2016, 9:59 PM BST

No, Howard Lew Lewis was in Chelmsford 123 which also starred Mulville and McGrath. That'll be what you're confusing it with :)

Ah, that's right :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st May 2016, 11:48 AM BST

Yes, I remember the two arrogant twats who thought they were God's gift to comedy being Jimmy Mulville and Rory McGrath - otherwise it was a good show.

Didn't Mulville have a massive coke habit during the 80s which made him want to be centre of everything he was involved in?

I also heard a rumour when working at the Beeb that the reason McGrath was on QI anymore was because he used to bully the researchers into giving him the answers. Whether this was true or not I have no idea.

I remember it being on a few people being on it don't remember specifics except that I enjoyed it.

I remember the pandas.

I loved this show, still waiting for a DVD release.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st May 2016, 11:48 AM

Exactly. Twots.
The problem with the Holy Spirit is He thinks He's God's gift to mankind.