Cuckoo - Series 2 Page 2

Quote: george roper @ 2nd February 2016, 11:25 PM GMT

Will the new series of Cuckoo be on BBC Three or just online?

Only online*. It launches on the day that BBC Three shuts down.

* All proper series commissioned for the new online brand will be broadcast at a later date on BBC One or Two. This could mean 3:35am though, the rascals.

I believe I am correct in stating that the previous series' of Cuckoo were repeated on BBC One at a 10:35 / 11:00 time slot a few days after their initial airing so perhaps the trend will continue or perhaps a BBC Two showing. It would seem odd not to broadcast an established series with an existing audience.

Quote: Woozie @ 3rd February 2016, 3:24 AM GMT

I believe I am correct in stating that the previous series' of Cuckoo were repeated on BBC One at a 10:35 / 11:00 time slot a few days after their initial airing

Yes on the timeslot, but 6 months later for Series 1 and almost 4 months later for Series 2, not days.

What is the point of closing down the BBC3 channel? what a total waste.

Was it months after? That went fast.

A few shows on BBC Three did jump ship to BBC Two like Russell Howard's Good News and Backchat perhaps this will follow suit.

I'm not too fussed with the closure of BBC Three. I have been watching less and less of the channel over the years and I'm pretty sure the intended demographic is already streaming their content so it makes sense. I'm worried for BBC Four, however, because I've found the comedy and documentaries on there to be far superior.

Quote: Woozie @ 3rd February 2016, 9:16 PM GMT

I'm not too fussed with the closure of BBC Three. I have been watching less and less of the channel over the years and I'm pretty sure the intended demographic is already streaming their content so it makes sense.

Now that the decision's made I'm too lazy to look up the actual figures, but quite the opposite was the case, actually.

Quote: Woozie @ 3rd February 2016, 9:16 PM GMT

I'm worried for BBC Four

I will *actually* go ballistic if Four closes.

It appears I was correct and the third series of Cuckoo is being repeated on BBC One as of Monday.

The first episode was brilliant.

Ooops. Was going to make a comment about Kimberley Nixon also being in Fresh Meat.. but I'm thinking of Hebburn....

Hadn't realised there was a series 3, so good to see this come back.

I have really enjoyed this series. I hope they rethink about doing another series of this.

Quote: george roper @ 5th April 2016, 11:56 AM BST

I have really enjoyed this series. I hope they rethink about doing another series of this.

They're doing another two series!