QI - Series M Page 4

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 21st December 2015, 6:38 PM GMT

I would say that Sandi is probably the best person to take over. She does have that "national treasure" aura that Stephen seems to have as well.

Abso-bloody-lutely!

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 21st December 2015, 6:38 PM GMT

I would say that if anyone wants a detailed to reply concerning Sandi Toksvig taking over as host, or indeed about Series M in general, to read the reviews I've been writing for On The Box (see BCG's press section).

In brief though, I would say that Sandi is probably the best person to take over. She does have that "national treasure" aura that Stephen seems to have as well.

Concerning the magic clips, that did feature elements from shows that have yet to be aired. For example, it includes footage of Dermot O'Leary, who doesn't appear until 8th January. I know that Stephen has an interest in magic. He did an episode of his radio documentary series Fry's English Delight all about the language of magic.

Thanks Ian. Sandi was on ISIHAC tonight and she was great. I would imagine she'd take over Stephen's mantle with aplomb.

I was at that ISIHAC recording and while watching Sandi perform live it did feel as if she was the right person for the job.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 21st December 2015, 7:55 PM GMT

I was at that ISIHAC recording and while watching Sandi perform live it did feel as if she was the right person for the job.

Oh wow - I'd love to attend one of the recordings, but they're always in odd places like Dorking, York or Bridlington(!) I'm on their mailing list though, so I'll have more time to travel out from London next year.

Thank you, Stephen! Teary

The King is dead. Long live the Queen.

So...that was Stephen's last ever episode hosting QI and he doesn't even mention it in passing? I was expecting some kind of goodbye after 13 years!

Unless he could see into the future there wouldn't have been one as he hadn't decide to leave until a few weeks/months after this series had been filmed

Ah, gotcha. Unfortunate it had to happen that way. I do wonder if he knew it was the last for him at the time though and just didn't tell anybody. As we know the original goal of QI was to do 26 series, one for each letter of the alphabet. Stephen has quit at the end of the 13th series, the exact half way point. Doesn't seem like a coincidence, I'm sure he had this in mind as his departure point for a while.

I'm hoping we'll see a lot more of Sara Cox in the XL episode Cool