What are you watching on TV? Page 2,058

Quote: chipolata @ 5th December 2015, 10:39 AM GMT

Really enjoying season 2 of Fargo at the moment. Easily one of the 2015's best shows.

Yes, better than season 1.

I haven't been able to get into it. Probably just didn't try hard enough though. Every time I have watched it I couldn't work out which character was meant to be the main/sympathetic character, and which of the many baddies is meant to be the big baddie.
Maybe it's not as simple as that.

Watched my recording of Graham Norton - was very good, and my God! Shirley Bassey - 78 and she can still belt out a song! No loss in her voice at all.

I watched that Frank Skinner and Suzy Klein BBC4 programme concerning music hall artistes last night. It was fairly entertaining.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 7th December 2015, 6:24 PM GMT

I watched that Frank Skinner and Suzy Klein BBC4 programme concerning music hall artistes last night. It was fairly entertaining.

I enjoyed it, and I think you will be more entertained when they get into the music hall/theatre from the from around WW2 in the next one.

HHH - Sid in Love

"Do you want to step out with Carey Grant here?"

"I'd need a government grant to go out with him!"

That, many years ago when I first started to listen to HHH on the radio is what I used to call the Cyrano de Hancock episode when Sid confesses to Hancock that he is in love with Miss Pugh.

Hancock finally persuades Sid to confess who this woman is who he is in love with on the understanding that he won't laugh, which is impossible for Tony when it is revealed that it is in fact Griselda.

So, so funny as Hancock's outburst of mocking laughter is superb.

"Do you want a mouthful of signet rings?"

Laughing out loud

Catterick

Dora Bryan "ooh f**kin' ell!"

Marx Brothers - animal crackers

Ummmmm...

Hmm.

Antiques Roadshow, the final item was a bit different. Medals of a man who had been awarded for his bravery three times in the two World Wars AND had the very rare Carpathia medal given to the crew that went to the aid of the Titanic.

The medal expert had never handled one even in 45 years of collecting medals and valued the set at £10,000 - now owned by his grandson and to be kept in the family which is nice. :)

Quote: zooo @ 5th December 2015, 11:40 PM GMT

I haven't been able to get into it. Probably just didn't try hard enough though. Every time I have watched it I couldn't work out which character was meant to be the main/sympathetic character, and which of the many baddies is meant to be the big baddie.

Sympathy wise I think Ted Danson, Patrick Wilson and Cancer Wife are meant to be the main sympathetic characters. Although Jesse Plemons is fairly likeable in a big lumoxy kind of way.

Anyway, last night's was excellent with a nice bonkers surprise that has been hinted at throughout the series.

I had to Google Jesse Plemons. I wonder how many times a day he has to put up with being told he looks like a fatter Matt Damon.

Josie Lawrence in head to toe rubber as a dominatrix. The Last Detective on Drama.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0777452/

Also Norman Pace, Alison Steadman, Sean Hughes and Sam Kelly. Although they aren't in rubber - yet!

That 'Back In Time For Christmas' is on *every* night this week. My husband has recorded every episode.