Doctor Who... Page 1,106

We might find it's all Smoke and Mirrors...

Loved that episode
& have really enjoyed the series

Maybe Moffat has been taking some criticism on board

Nice to see Gatiss do the only dud as well
How can someone who clearly loves the show so much, and is a good writer get it wrong so often

LEAVE HIM ALONE.

Last night's was pretty fun. So how old is the Doctor now? :O

Last nights was pretty astonishing.

Dr Who taking back its place alongside the Avengers and Prisoner as proper Cult TV

and Twilight Zone as intelligent scifi.

Haven't watched much of the last two series. The only episode I saw from this series was the one with the Zorro girl and the amulet. So I was really confused watching the last episode.

Quote: zooo @ 29th November 2015, 9:40 AM GMT

LEAVE HIM ALONE.

Last night's was pretty fun. So how old is the Doctor now? :O

He's now a youngish replica from a billion year old hard drive.. Wish I could get my hard drives to work that long.

Huh?

Haven't seen this show for a long, long time. Is it any good now? What's Capaldi like?

Quote: sootyj @ 29th November 2015, 10:35 AM GMT

Last nights was pretty astonishing.

Dr Who taking back its place alongside the Avengers and Prisoner as proper Cult TV

and Twilight Zone as intelligent scifi.

Can I watch this episode without having seen 25 previous episodes?

He's still a Time Lord from Gallifrey if that's what you mean.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 30th November 2015, 8:48 AM GMT

Haven't seen this show for a long, long time. Is it any good now? What's Capaldi like?

Can I watch this episode without having seen 25 previous episodes?

yes it's a pretty good standalone, though watching the one imediately before hand might help.

That one's quite good as well.

I'm gutted. I decide not to bother with Doctor Who this season and then they kill off Clara. I would have liked to have seen that. I might even have cheered.

Quote: Tursiops @ 2nd December 2015, 12:19 PM GMT

I'm gutted. I decide not to bother with Doctor Who this season and then they kill off Clara. I would have liked to have seen that. I might even have cheered.

I suspect that you can still watch it on iPlayer.

It dragged early on, but it came alive at the end with the Doctor punching through a diamond wall very slowly.

Really loved that finale! Haven't enjoyed an episode so much in bloody ages.
Loved the inside of the stolen Tardis.

to offer my version of Dr Who fortune cookie philosophy "stories are a river, they go where they like and if you try to force them to go where you like you'll probably end up drowned." After 2 episodes where the story went where it liked and they were magnificent and unpredictable. Moffatt decided enough with this, stuck on a beaver mask and some beaver false teeth and tried to damn the river. The result a flooding awful mess. First of all it was episodic which is always bad for Dr Who. Rastilon one of the more intriguing characters is humiliated and stopped from his evil plan, to "hide at the end of the universe and prevent anyone using Time Lord technology to destroy everything or something." That's quite a sensible plot really, but he's sentenced to spend the rest of eternity floating around in an escape pod. This bit is so trite there's virtually no dialogue, I suspect because nobody can write anything so banal. Oh and the ranting, out of touch Rastillonclart is betrayed by the Gallifrey homeguard or something. Which made me wonder if he was based on another out of touch timebore (Corbyn?) Then the muddle bit where the Dr has to go to Timelord hell to rescue Clare from death. Timelord hell looks a bit like a ghost train at a circus where, the staff spend most of their time organising dog fighting and selling weed. So don't really bother much with making it scary, it wasn't. The Dr then rescues Clara and shoots the Captain Mainwaring of Gallifrey (this pistol is for defending the president so it has no stun setting, that's stupid supposing an Ood is holding him infront of you wouldn't it make sense to stun him and get out of the way?[followed by you shot him? yes Timelords regenerate so it didn't really mean anything]). They nick a Tardis (ok that looked seriously cool inside and out). Then go to the end of time where thanks to some gobledeegook it turns out that if the Dr wipes Claras memory she'll be alive and the unvirse won't end. And they're the hybrid that no one cares about or something. Then the door to the TARDIS knocks and its Maysie Williams turgid character (Me apparently), who after a trillion years of existence still sounds like Forest Gump. Seriously listen to the flat, unexpressive tones and imagine her talking about Buba and boxes of chocolate. Then she and Clara fly off in a tardis made to look like a greasy spoon, as 2 immortal trite (I mean time) travellers. They even had a joke about how everyone including the interstellar postman knocks 4 times on the Tardis door. At some point Moffatt is about the dullest least adventurous story teller in scifi. And it's depressing how meh Dr Who has become under his watch. Where once British scifi blazed away with buttons budgets it now seems stuck in a mire behind well everybody else. And pull your finger out, if having a white male, timelord bothers you so much have him regenerate as a lady or a black lady or a transgendered timelord. Stop making him rubbish and setting him alongside super powered female immortals, so you can go "see see he's not so special I am a feminist I'll ace that Bechtel test!"

So did Clara not really die then? In Dr Who death is not so much 'an awfully big adventure' as a a stroll in the park.