QI - Series M Page 2

Quote: Sal Paradise @ 30th October 2015, 1:39 AM GMT

Sean Lock definitely does not like Clarkson, in fact he once put him in Room 101. Lock dislikes him not for smugness, but for the fact that he's a brash, ignorant blowhard who says stupid things like "The French eat garlic and don't shave under their arms, the Spanish poke holes in bulls and can't cook, and the Germans are ready for another war."

If I remember rightly it was not so much Clarkson that Sean Lock put into Room 101, but he was more of a symbol for a large category of people he put into Room 101, which was people who hate traffic wardens.

Jimmy Carr is great in this tonight!

I know they have to have a woman on every panel, but can't they find a funny one? Or does a 'Laugh In' style whacky wave still cut it these days?

Quote: fasty @ 12th December 2015, 6:42 AM GMT

I know they have to have a woman on every panel, but can't they find a funny one? Or does a 'Laugh In' style whacky wave still cut it these days?

I haven't seen it yet, nor have I watched lady week's episode as I was awaiting the non-existant QIXL!?

Who was the woman/women to whom you refer? This thread isn't going to morph into *another* of those 'women aren't funny tropes is it?

Aisling Bea. I don't think all women on QI are on there to be funny. Some are definitely on there to be intelligent.

I haven't seen this week's yet, but Aisling Bea is flipping hilarious.

Me neither yet Zoo... and I concur,

Aisling Bea is flipping hilarious.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 12th December 2015, 7:55 AM GMT

I haven't seen it yet, nor have I watched lady week's episode as I was awaiting the non-existant QIXL!?

M for Maths XL? That's been on, featured Susan Calman (funny and intelligent), Sandy Toksvig (funny and intelligent) and Aisling Bea - who may be intelligent but I find her 'hilarious' only in the Daily Mail definition of the word.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 12th December 2015, 7:55 AM GMT

This thread isn't going to morph into *another* of those 'women aren't funny tropes is it?

See above. Millican, Perkins, Brand, Walsh, Porter, Coren-Mitchell, Tarbuck, Wood, Ryan etc. all too fall into either/both categories

Quote: fasty @ 12th December 2015, 1:33 PM GMT

M for Maths XL? That's been on, featured Susan Calman (funny and intelligent), Sandy Toksvig (funny and intelligent) and Aisling Bea - who may be intelligent but I find her 'hilarious' only in the Daily Mail definition of the word.

See above. Millican, Perkins, Brand, Walsh, Porter, Coren-Mitchell, Tarbuck, Wood, Ryan etc. all too fall into either/both categories

Great stuff. I'm still sure last Saturday's QIXL was a repeat though?

The one with Noel Fielding? That definitely was a repeat.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 11th December 2015, 10:20 PM GMT

Jimmy Carr is great in this tonight!

If by "great" you mean "utterly terrifying"... :D

Quote: Agnostik @ 14th December 2015, 4:22 PM GMT

If by "great" you mean "utterly terrifying"... :D

His laugh seemed quite demonic didn't it?

I nearly wet my pants when Carr mimed a fully armed soldier while saying the Serbian word for "cheese". Laughing out loud

He is occasionally funny on QI, but I don't really like his style of humour, that is, finding the dirtiest possible interpretation of whatever is being said and firing back with a (usually basic) tasteless one-liner.

Does anyone remember that old episode in which Fry became noticeably annoyed with Carr during a discussion of something relating to... mutilation of female private parts or somesuch, if memory serves? I remember thinking, "Well, Jimmy's not getting invited back". Seems I was wrong.