Fried - Series 1 Page 2

Quote: lofthouse @ 8th September 2015, 5:37 PM BST

Saw about 34 seconds of it the other night

That was plenty

I'm twenty minutes into Ep2. No laughs so far.

Quote: Chappers @ 8th September 2015, 6:03 PM BST

Yes - I like Katy but I watched a bit and it is a bit forced.

Agreed.

Quote: Woozie @ 16th September 2015, 5:18 PM BST

Fried is as dismal and dire as the setting it's based upon. Its just got a good cast is all.

Absolutely.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 30th September 2015, 5:19 PM BST

I only watched this as I have a crush for Katy Wix. Weird crush probably.

As a comedy - how is this stuff signed off by the commissioner at the BBC? It's desperate stuff. Bad acting mostly and just not convincing.

For example, in the first episode, the girl at the till was on her phone whilst some appalling actor was ordering his meal. She was obnoxious and unrealistically rude to his face while he just accepted it and walked out.

I know it's meant to be light entertainment and not some crime drama, but I still like to see an element of realism in a comedy.

Matthew Cottle was funny in places and Katy Wix is, despite me finding her quite sexy and cute for a chubby bird (not relevant I know), is kind of a one trick pony with her comedy acting style.

The guy in the chicken suit is just another Jay Cartwright and completely pointless. The awkward lad who fancied the rude girl is an extension of Simon from Inbetweeners also.

Come on, BBC, you can do better than this.

Quite. I agree that Katy Wix is pretty, a little like Dawn French. I can say that as a woman who's found the key to the pie cupboard.

For those not enjoying, what do/did you think of the pilot?

I never saw the Pilot.

Quote: Aaron @ 3rd October 2015, 5:26 PM BST

For those not enjoying, what do/did you think of the pilot?

I enjoyed the pilot, actually, but it's only in hindsight of the series that it would of probably been best suited staying just a pilot.

Quote: Woozie @ 3rd October 2015, 9:25 PM BST

I enjoyed the pilot, actually, but it's only in hindsight of the series that it would of probably been best suited staying just a pilot.

I saw the pilot of PhoneShop and thought exactly the same.

Does anyone know if Fried will be back this year for a second series? My money's on BBC Three silently dumping it and it will be never heard of again.

Hope so but as I was one of the few who actually liked it I'm not holding my breath

This is a terrible sitcom on so many levels. Poor Jokes, poor plot, overacting, and vulgarity.

This short lived series is the very reason why hardly any network stations are showing any sort of faith in new sitcoms.

How did this shit get past the commissioner?

My harsh opinion is only an opinion of course, but come on, the premise for this show was hardly going to go far.

The Asian female actress is extremely pretty and Katy Wix remains very sexy in my books.

Sorry, all I can do is comment on the talent in the show in this regard.