The Inbetweeners Movie Page 3

Watched this on box last night, got stuff to throw at TV but was soon horrified at how good it was. Angry A vulgar British take on the American teen movie, making it quite a different thing.

The script was surprisingly good and original sounding but for an avoidable Woody Allen line steal and some obvious plot helping choices. But its OTT style worked really well and made a sharp satire of British holiday making. And Simon Bird's character was one of the best movie nerds I've seen, something the Americans excell at.

I think my enjoyment of the first film has been ruined by the sequel's total mistreatment of the girls from the first film. I wasn't expecting all of them to stick around but having one of the guys be in a serious relationship would have been a nice touch and shown that it was time for some of them to grow up.

The total change of character in Lucy was mind boggling, from sweet girl to total crazy was rather out of left field. For me anyway it ruins my enjoyment of the first film.

I couldn't agree with you more. I liked the girls in the first film, they were believable characters and the progression into relationships was natural. It wouldn't have been so bad if there was even a hint of her unhinged character in the first film but there wasn't, and the others were barely mentioned.