Sue Perkins Page 9

I was just wondering if Sue Perkins were following this thread and decided to post a comment re MB would that be on or off topic?

As to Sue - I really used to dislike her and thought she had a massive chip on her shoulder, but now I actually find her ok to watch. I think she comes across as much more comfortable in her skin and a far more relaxed presenter/performer.

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 16th August 2015, 4:39 PM BST

Stood next to Jenny Eclair, Roseanne Barr, Ellen Degenerate (and many more) she's not a comedian.

The question is, what are they queuing for?

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 16th August 2015, 4:39 PM BST

She has zero originality and bite. Stood next to Jenny Eclair, Roseanne Barr, Ellen Degenerate (and many more) she's not a comedian.

Jenny Éclair? Oh no! >_<

Not interested in cakes or in-your-end-oh!. Her sitcom was a mixed blessing but she has a great manic energy. With or without Mel, she can be very funny.

Quote: The Thirteenth Caesar @ 27th August 2015, 12:38 PM BST

Not interested in cakes or in-your-end-oh!. Her sitcom was a mixed blessing but she has a great manic energy. With or without Mel, she can be very funny.

Mel Smith?

Looking forward to tonight's show because as well as the comedy acts FFS (Franz Ferdinand Sparks) are also on.

I think she's been eating a few too many cakes.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th August 2015, 8:27 PM BST

Looking forward to tonight's show because as well as the comedy acts FFS (Franz Ferdinand Sparks) are also on.

Yes. I'm watching it right now!!! Thanks!

Edit: I really like the song.

Well the last 5 minutes was good.

I liked the hula hoop guy.

The singing clown was so tall I thought at first it's Greg Davies.

Quote: zooo @ 29th August 2015, 10:28 PM BST

I liked the hula hoop guy.

Me too, although I was a bit freaked out by his unitard - I thought he was apeing classic 'Big Daddy'.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 29th August 2015, 10:32 PM BST

The singing clown was so tall I thought at first it's Greg Davies.

It was bloody weird, but what a splendid voice that Pierrot had.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 29th August 2015, 10:08 PM BST

Yes. I'm watching it right now!!! Thanks!

Edit: I really like the song.

Me too, Mr Kapranos looked as edible as ever Lovey

I just don't get Sue Perkins. I'm sure she's a lovely person but just why is she getting so much BBC time?

Is it because she's so vanilla and that's essentially what the bosses at the BBC want. Can't possibly even have a risk of causing even the most minor offence to anyone so get in a bland and safe host?

Maybe it's just me.

Does she get all that much screen time? I don't watch the baking show and have only seen her in recent memory hosting a particularly enjoyable episode of HIGNFY.

I like her and her friend/working partner Goldilocks