David Nobbs

RIP David Nobbs. Loved Reginald Perrin and A Bit of a Do.

Genuinely very saddened by the news. Met him briefly at our conference in 2013. But what a great legacy to leave.

Very, very sad to hear this. He will obviously be mostly remembered for Perrin, A Bit of a Do, The Two Ronnies etc. but he leaves behind him a formidable body of work.

Some excellent novels, a lot of sketch writing for legendary performers and some underrated series that people should check-out. Fairly Secret Army being one for a start...

RIP

RIP

David Nobbs has gone but his huge contribution to comedy remains.

He had few equals and will be missed.

RIP.

RIP

Terrible news.

RIP too - I loved his stuff, especially the slightly surreal edge that he had.

Very sad news. :(

Doc Morrissey: "Do you find you can't finish the crossword like you used to, nasty taste in the mouth in the mornings, can't stop thinking about sex, can't start doing anything about sex, wake up with a sweat in the mornings, keep falling asleep during Play For Today?

Reggie: "That's extraordinary, Doc. That's exactly how I've been feeling."

Doc Morrissey: "So have I. I wonder what it is? Take two aspirins."

Great dialogue. Never forgot it. RIP

RIP-that's who he wrote about.

There was Second From Last In the Sack Race too.

Quote: Aaron @ 10th August 2015, 12:37 AM BST

Met him briefly at our conference in 2013.

His talk was one of the highlights of the event.

RIP David a true genuine writing legend. His Reginald Perrin books are by far the funniest books that I have ever read. I rember reading one on a train about 10 years ago and I was literally rolling about the aisles laughing so loudly, that people were staring at me thinking something was wrong with me

RIP David thanks for all the great memories

A true legend. I remember (ish!) a quote from Ronnie Barker on the first Reggie Perrin novel, something like, 'What a wonderful book, I laughed 283 times and cried twice', which was entirely accurate! The series remains in my top 3 sitcoms of all time.

He also created the famous catchphrase "It's goodnight from me and goodnight from him."

RIP

He wrote a lot of Nobbs gags