Sketch Group, North East?

Hello, is there anyone on here who is looking for a member to join their sketch group? Or does anyone know where the best place is to find like minded people who are looking to form a group?

Thanks

Minty

Moving thread...

Hi Minty,

This is my goal too. :-)

Chris

Hey,

I don't know where in the North East you are, but I run a sketch group in Stockton at the ARC. It's every Thursday night, 7-9, and we do three shows a year at ARC. Our next show is in July: 19th, 20th, 21st.

We've got a great mix of participants, and all the sketches are generated within the sessions. It's a good place to meet other aspiring sketch writers, and we've had people go on to write sketches for Susan Calman, Daniel Sloss and other, less Scottish, acts...

There's a review of last summer's show here: http://www.frictionmagazine.co.uk/2011/08/05/impossibly-big-sketch-show/

Anyway, drop us an email if you're interested.

I'd be interested, I live in Redcar (which in itself has to count for something.)

Hello,

This is the first time I've been back I believe after starting this thread!
So sorry for not replying back.

Since this original question was asked I've been very busy supplying comedians with shit jokes and dreaming about the big time. Well I have been dreaming about the big time and telling shit jokes.. Supplying them was a complete lie.

Chris I hope you found a group, the reason why I'm back here was because I'm still looking my self. After a recent Internet search all I could find was expired comedy script writing competitions.

Hello James, I wish my notifications had been activated to send to my email once a reply was sent. I would have jumped at the chance to attend. I live near Newcastle which is about 45 mintutes from Stockton. To have experienced what you guys do first hand would have been brilliant for my self. But to attend weekly would have been a push. None the less thank you