8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown - Series 6 Page 3

Quote: Woozie @ 8th July 2015, 10:37 PM BST

I am astonished this is still as funny as it is but I believe they are very much squeezing the lemon dry now. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last series.

I agree, they should end it on a high after this series, it's already showing signs of getting stale.

Quote: Agnostik @ 11th July 2015, 2:19 PM BST

I agree, they should end it on a high after this series, it's already showing signs of getting stale.

It all depends on the strong to weak ratio of the booking. I would count the regulars (with or without Jon) as solid to strong. This week's guests (purely IMO of course):

Strong:
Joe Wilkinson: Although I'm aware he's an acquired taste.
Danny Dyer: Which I didn't expect.

Weak:
Seann Walsh: Never even close to funny.
Bill Bailey: He just seems bored, like he's fed up doing comedy. Which is a shame because I'm a big fan.

I agree, it totally depends on the guests. When it's Greg Davies, Roisin Conaty, Aisling Bea, Danny Dyer etc I love it.

Quote: zooo @ 12th July 2015, 1:57 PM BST

I agree, it totally depends on the guests. When it's Greg Davies, Roisin Conaty, Aisling Bea, Danny Dyer etc I love it.

All quality picks. Out of the other recurring guests I would say:
Strong:
David O'Doherty
Sarah Millican
Johnny Vegas
Bob Mortimer
Alex Horne (and the Horne section)
Lee Mack

Brilliant edition this week. Most of the gags are so predictable but so laugh out loud hilarious.

Vic's song was amazing! Can't stop singing it.

I'm watching one now on More4. Not sure how old it is. Rachel's dress looks lik she's shat herself,

*looks* Ah, it's that cool dress that changes colour when you touch it.

It's weird to actually see Jon bloody Richardson on an episode...

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 12th July 2015, 1:47 PM BST

Bill Bailey: He just seems bored, like he's fed up doing comedy. Which is a shame because I'm a big fan.

I get the feeling there's a bit of tension between Bill and Sean on this and on QI. Just the occasional odd look after one of them makes a quip at the expense of the other.

Quote: fasty @ 24th July 2015, 6:44 AM BST

I get the feeling there's a bit of tension between Bill and Sean on this and on QI. Just the occasional odd look after one of them makes a quip at the expense of the other.

I don't get that impression. They're old friends, and taking the piss out of each other is part of the deal, especially if you're comedians.

Sean and Jon, on the other hand... I don't think they get along, not even after their "weird Brokeback Mountain style trip to the US", as Jimmy called it. Laughing out loud

Hah. I think Sean and Jon get on okay but just don't understand each other at all. Sean looks at Jon sometimes like he can't figure out what species he is.
To be fair, Sean is quite blokey and Jon is the least blokey man ever.

Well I'm still really enjoying the show, and very glad there's been no Joe Wilkinson this series. He's a funny act, but the shtick he had on this lasted about 2 series too long. Special mention to guests Lee Mack, Sarah Millican, Roisin Conaty, Bob Mortimer, Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea for upping the hilarity when they appear.

Quote: Aaron @ 24th July 2015, 3:49 PM BST

Well I'm still really enjoying the show, and very glad there's been no Joe Wilkinson this series. He's a funny act, but the shtick he had on this lasted about 2 series too long. Special mention to guests Lee Mack, Sarah Millican, Roisin Conaty, Bob Mortimer, Rob Beckett and Aisling Bea for upping the hilarity when they appear.

Just to be a bit of an arse, Joe Wilkinson appeared a few weeks back but as a captain rather than an assistant.

I'd add David O'Doherty and Katherine Ryan to that list also.

Every time I see David O'Doherty I just want him to do the Grand Designs song. I think it's my favourite thing ever of all time.

Quote: Woozie @ 24th July 2015, 9:18 PM BST

I'd add David O'Doherty and Katherine Ryan to that list also.

Definitely Katherine. Not sure how I missed her out! Probably my favourite comic at the moment.