Oxford writer looking for collaborator

Hi all,

I'm a writer based in Oxford and looking for a writing partner, ideally nearby, to work on sitcom ideas.

I"m a journalist by trade (so can write!); performed stand-up on the new act circuit for a few years with some success; and got to the last eight of the Sitcom Mission in 2011. I've taken a break from comedy writing for a few years due to some big life changes, but I'm now getting stuck into it again.

I've entered a script for the Sitcom Mission again this year, and now want a partner to make the writing process a bit more fun and collaborative for future sitcom ideas.

If you're interested and based nearby then get in touch.

Cheers, Rich

Oxford writer looking for collaborator

They're all dead. Killed when the war ended.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th June 2015, 11:02 AM BST

They're all dead. Killed when the war ended.

Made me smile...

Hello. Might be interested. I'm down the A34 in Newbury.

I'm better at the jokes and silly plots and ideas and thing. My writing is my weakest area I think.

Thanks Tiggy. I'll send you a direct message and we'll see where it goes.

Hi Rich (if that's your name),

I am also Rich (definitely), and I live in Oxford. Not in the market to write a sit com just at the mo, but I'm in a group that has performed 3 hour-long audio sketch shows in town, called The Albion Basement (a sort of Fry & Laurie/Finnemore/NTNOCN type thing), and we'll be doing some more, barring disaster, so if you're involved in anything else, such as stand up, sketches, or short play/mini sit com type things, and you might want to look into putting together a bill with us somewhere, sometime, get in touch and we can have a chat.

Sorry, there were lots of clauses in that sentence. Whistling nnocently

Quote: gappy @ 2nd July 2015, 10:53 AM BST

Sorry, there were lots of clauses in that sentence. Whistling nnocently

But not the most important one - the Sanity Clause.

Oxford writer

We give up-who was the writer in Lady, Don't Fall Backwards?-my copy has a missing page...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 2nd July 2015, 4:29 PM BST

We give up-who was the writer in Lady, Don't Fall Backwards?-my copy has a missing page...

I think Hercules or OR might be able to help.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 2nd July 2015, 4:29 PM BST

Bertrand Russell, wasn't it?

May have meant the murderer...

Still probably Bertie - blood on his hands.

Hello, I live in Streatley, 'bout halfway between Oxford and Newbury and would like to join a group of comedy writers, if your post has flushed out a few like minded types. It would be nice to compare rejection letters and dreams over a glass of foaming neuron lubricating fluid.
I'm a superannuated hobbyist and my humour is deeply unfashionable and more Harry Worth than Harry Hill.
Barry S.

Hiya I'm noot great with focussing but love comedy and would be interested in partnering up unlese it's too late I'm working on a scrip at the moment. I also live in Oxford. I look forward to hearing from you.
Andrew