Eerie or creepy sitcom episodes Page 2

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 31st March 2014, 8:02 PM BST

Only Fools and Horses had an episode with a funny sceance scene...that's allI can contribute to this thread.

I like supernatural themes, but not necessarily in comedy.

I suppose you are thinking of the episode Friday the 13th where Del and Rodney spend the night at Boycie's cottage in Cornwall and come across a mad axe murderer who has escaped from a local mental institute.

Quote: marac @ 24th June 2015, 4:49 PM BST

I suppose you are thinking of the episode Friday the 13th where Del and Rodney spend the night at Boycie's cottage in Cornwall and come across a mad axe murderer who has escaped from a local mental institute.

No, I'm thinking of Sickness & Wealth. They're holding a seance with Elsie Partridge as medium. During that seance we learn that Boycie's first name is Aubrey. It also contains a Jimmy Savile joke that most probably won't ever get shown on TV again. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=utWPpv4LUNM

But there's also the episode Ashes To Ashes: Grandad is talking to the ashes of his late friend Arthur. Del Boy makes him believe he's actually talking to Arthur's ghost: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S5dmrxnz0sI

Wasn't there a sitcom about a ghost or something? Tessa-Peake Jones might have been in it. Maybe Bob Costigan or Karl Howman. Or perhaps it's just a strange dream I had.

I'm sure Red Dwarf must have had some ghost/alien episodes.

I'm Alan Partridge when he dressed as a zombie.

Or the one with Dan the kitchen man where Alan and Lyn are invited to swing with Dan and his wife. "Don't rub your fanny on me!"

Fawlty Towers with the corpse maybe?

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 25th June 2015, 12:38 AM BST

Wasn't there a sitcom about a ghost or something? Tessa-Peake Jones might have been in it. Maybe Bob Costigan or Karl Howman. Or perhaps it's just a strange dream I had.

Two in one. :)

So Haunt Me and Mulberry.

Quote: Aaron @ 25th June 2015, 1:25 AM BST

Two in one. :)

So Haunt Me and Mulberry.

It's George Costigan. I guess I got the Bob from Rita,Sue & Bob Too (great film).

That Father Ted episode with all the women acting zombie-like, trying to get to Owen Macluff, had a bit of an atmosphere at points, but it wasn't truly creepy I suppose. Bloody hilarious though.

There's some very unnerving episodes of One Foot In The Grave, particularly Hearts Of Darkness, The Wisdom Of The Witch and Endgame.

Quote: TheRappingFrenchman @ 25th June 2015, 5:15 PM BST

That Father Ted episode with all the women acting zombie-like, trying to get to Owen Macluff, had a bit of an atmosphere at points, but it wasn't truly creepy I suppose. Bloody hilarious though.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 30th June 2015, 6:38 PM BST

'It's to do with his.. problems'

'Oh, right..What sort of problems?'

'I have no willy!'

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 31st March 2014, 9:22 PM BST

Every episode of Darkplace

With special reference to 'Skipper: The EyeChild'

Quote: TheRappingFrenchman @ 1st July 2015, 11:13 AM BST

'It's to do with his.. problems'

'Oh, right..What sort of problems?'

'I have no willy!'

Brilliant episode - especially the cake jumper and his continual dependence on his assistant, Patsy:

"Do I open the door and go in?"

There's a 'haunted/creepy house' episode of One Foot In The Grave where Victor and Patrick have to stay overnight in somewhere remote. I have a feeling that it could be a Christmas Special?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st July 2015, 11:17 AM BST

With special reference to 'Skipper: The EyeChild'

Brilliant episode - especially the cake jumper and his continual dependence on his assistant, Patsy:

"Do I open the door and go in?"

There's a 'haunted/creepy house' episode of One Foot In The Grave where Victor and Patrick have to stay overnight in somewhere remote. I have a feeling that it could be a Christmas Special?

Couldn't agree more.

Also, with reference to Darkplace, so many moments which could be described as eerie, although often ironically so. The first episode with the blown-apart bloke who asks to be decapitated is darkly funny but a bit sad and eerie too. And yes, skipper the eye child is a golden eerie episode.

Quote: TheRappingFrenchman @ 1st July 2015, 1:40 PM BST

Couldn't agree more.

Also, with reference to Darkplace, so many moments which could be described as eerie, although often ironically so. The first episode with the blown-apart bloke who asks to be decapitated is darkly funny but a bit sad and eerie too. And yes, skipper the eye child is a golden eerie episode.

The flashback scenes to Dagless' half son-half grasshopper were very eerie too.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 1st July 2015, 2:29 PM BST

The flashback scenes to Dagless' half son-half grasshopper were very eerie too.

Certainly, and the raping scene was definitely something...macabre!