Car Share Page 8

Quote: Bonzo @ 23rd May 2015, 4:41 PM BST

since Kayleigh is also one of the writers, she won't write herself out?

I believe she (and Kay) were writers in the additional/improvisational sense. Tim Reid and Paul Coleman are the creators and original billed writers of the series.

I hope she does come back. :(

Pause button OCD. What have we spotted then?

Last episode, shop next to the cafe was B & S Carolgees.

A mate saw a pub notice "One meal for the price of two".

I'm going to have to watch them all again Geek

Ear Piercing while you wait.

I love listening to the radio adverts - the best one was a request for people to do clinical trials - they'll reimburse up to half your travel expenses.
:)

Quote: Bonzo @ 23rd May 2015, 4:41 PM BST

:D

But surely it should be the 2 of them in the car and since Kayleigh is also one of the writers, she won't write herself out?

Well first off it's great to Kay back on comedic form. It's the best thing he's done in years.

Anyway onto Kayleigh, seeing as she's the best thing in the show imo, aside from Reece Shearsmith's cameo (I wouldn't mind a whole series with Kay and Shearsmith car sharing). I won't be shocked to see Kay bring back Kayleigh seeing as the show's been one of the most successful comedies BBC Two has ever had and they have hinted at a romance but I have a feeling we got a bittersweet ending, if you listen to the that "Pure and Simple" song.

I think as a few have said that Peter Kay's John will be the main character and every series has a different worker from the store, maybe bring Kayleigh back for the last series to round it off.

Quote: zooo @ 24th May 2015, 11:15 PM BST

I hope she does come back. :(

I love to have her come back too, but in the last Car Share series to round the whole thing off. I would like Kay's John to have different characters to bounce off for maybe a series or two and then bring Kayleigh back in the end to have their characters go off into the sunset. I just feel with that ending that I think she's not coming back. Maybe it's just me, it was a bittersweet ending. John as we seen and heard that he's let a lot of good things go in his life.

Quote: Bonzo @ 25th May 2015, 4:37 PM BST

I love listening to the radio adverts - the best one was a request for people to do clinical trials - they'll reimburse up to half your travel expenses.
:)

I liked that too, as it is the sort of radio station I hate. Does that make sense? :S

From the Reece Shearsmith episode on I think the show really went up a gear, if you'll pardon the pun. It felt far less strained and average than the first few episodes. I think the mild slapstick and inclusion of locations other than the car brought much needed light and shade.

This feels like the most grounded and heartfelt Peter Kay work since Phoenix Nights.

Quote: Bonzo @ 25th May 2015, 4:37 PM BST

I love listening to the radio adverts

Agreed. I loved an advert about weight watchers kind of organisation when the voice over said something like "it's great, I can eat whatever I want - just as long as it's not fatty".

Genius.

And they didn't bring any attention to it. Loved it.

Congrats!
:D
"Best New British TV Sitcom 2015"
"Comedy Of The Year 2015"
in a poll "Comedy.co.uk Awards 2015".

I'd like to see all stats though (in percent), how far winners are away from other nominees, how bad are the most hated ones. What is the second worst...
We have only these lines: "Also proving hugely popular with our many voters were Catastrophe, The Kennedys and Boy Meets Girl, all of which are due to return to screens. Perhaps surprisingly, cult icon David Hasselhoff's spoof show Hoff The Record was voted the worst". https://www.comedy.co.uk/awards/2015/ Very glad for Peep Show as well. I bet the silver medal sitcom (whatever it is) was lagging far behind.
"Toast Of London and Detectorists were also favourites"...

I hear they are writing another series of this. I can't wait I loved this.

Perhaps you could inform BCG with your sources?

It Starts Filming sometime in 2016 but don't know when

Where did you hear this, though?

I remembered how I got news about 2nd series:
BCG home / Search Car Share / Press / First article: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/car_share/press/

Sian Gibson interview with Nigel Pauley, The Mirror, 30th January 2016
"Now they are working on the second series, which will begin filming in May
and see the couple reunited despite the apparent break-up of their car share ride to work at the end of the first series".