Fantasy Football League Page 2

If anyone has Series 1, Episode 17, I'll pay them cash, let me know

Just seeing if there are any new members who are a fan of this show

Great show. I have Seros 1 episode 10 and 7 so if I sell you both, would that work ? Otherwise Frank Skinner is currently doing room 101 - very funny also.

Not enjoying the 3-way format of 101 TBH, it's also too PC now, like everything else. The original Nick Hancock 101's were brave, unafraid to offend and far more entertaining.

...So, I'm taking it that you don't have FFL S01E17? ;-(

If anyone reading this does have it, please get in touch.

I used to love this show. When I threw out all my old VHS tapes my two fantasy football best ofs were the only ones I bothered to keep.

Shame that mate. As Series 1 is not very represented on the official releases, there's a few moments with Peter Cook, and a couple of the sketches, but hardly anything else.

It's been great tracking them all done, it's just that one episode remaining...trying to find it has taken over my life, lol.

I think it was at its best when it was on BBC, when they moved to ITV it still had its moments but it was far more patchy.

Loved the piss take on the great Jimmy Greaves old talk show (to be fair, Jimmy gave them a good slagging when he was on the show) and the awful abuse of Notts Forest striker Jason Lee (it didn't help that Lee took it so personal and it made the show slag him off more). You can't beat Phoenix from the Flames.

Great show and sadly missed as nothing a come close since.

Quote: Looper007 @ 25th May 2015, 6:12 PM BST

I think it was at its best when it was on BBC, when they moved to ITV it still had its moments but it was far more patchy.

Loved the piss take on the great Jimmy Greaves old talk show (to be fair, Jimmy gave them a good slagging when he was on the show) and the awful abuse of Notts Forest striker Jason Lee (it didn't help that Lee took it so personal and it made the show slag him off more). You can't beat Phoenix from the Flames.

Great show and sadly missed as nothing a come close since.

Hi

Great post. There are some funny moments in the ITV episodes, 'grease being buggered by an elephant for one, but compared to the BBC episodes, they pale into insignificance.

Just gotta find that series 1 episode 17

Quote: Stevie81 @ 27th May 2015, 8:23 PM BST

Hi

Great post. There are some funny moments in the ITV episodes, 'grease being buggered by an elephant for one, but compared to the BBC episodes, they pale into insignificance.

Just gotta find that series 1 episode 17

with the ones on ITV wasn't it just for World Cups and the Euro's unlike the BBC one which was for most of the league season. ITV one did bring on better guests, I'm remember Noel Gallagher going on coked off his tits once. The BBC ones were only on once a week, while the ITV ones were on two to three times a week. Plus the sketches on the BBC were 9/10 always hitting the spot. Plus I think the ITV version seemed very rushed to me.

would that episode not be on YouTube, it seems they have every episode up

Nope. It's the one episode that NEEDS to be put on YT

I have a few of the world cup skits from around that time.

No-one recorded any BBC2 telly the night of May 6th 1994??

Quote: Looper007 @ 6th June 2015, 1:22 AM BST

with the ones on ITV wasn't it just for World Cups and the Euro's unlike the BBC one which was for most of the league season. ITV one did bring on better guests, I'm remember Noel Gallagher going on coked off his tits once. The BBC ones were only on once a week, while the ITV ones were on two to three times a week. Plus the sketches on the BBC were 9/10 always hitting the spot. Plus I think the ITV version seemed very rushed to me.

would that episode not be on YouTube, it seems they have every episode up

The ITV efforts were awful because I don't think B&S had their hearts in it.

Does anyone have Series 1 Episodes 17??

Quote: Stevie81 @ 21st August 2015, 11:57 AM BST

Does anyone have Series 1 Episodes 17??

When I saw you'd posted again, I was hoping it was good news.

I'm rooting for you, Stevie.

Sorry mate, I'm just going round the boards bumping the threads in the hope someone sees it....Sorry for the false alarm.

I meant "good news" that you'd finally got hold of the missing episode. :)