The Delivery Man Page 2

I thought Darren Boyd was good in this but there didn't seem to be a lot going on in terms of stakes for his character. It was fairly mainstream but will watch the next one.

Decent 2nd episode. Would like to see Paddy McGuinness in it some more though.

Biggest laugh I got was the 'moment' when she was nursing his wounds, cliche and they've known each other for a week, and haven't got on, yet had this 'moment'.

Awful from start to finish.

I thought it was a bit off putting that one of the mums were Cully Barnaby.

I watched this without expecting much, and actually really enjoyed the first and second episode. To be fair to ITV, they've done really well with this and can only hope it stays fresh, unlike Benidorm which now needs dropping asap.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 23rd April 2015, 1:31 PM BST

I thought it was a bit off putting that one of the mums were Cully Barnaby.

Apart from the strange grammar is this a weird description?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 20th April 2015, 4:24 PM BST

Actually Vicious is coming back. A new series has already been filmed.

Yes I already knew, Ian. Thank you anyway, they should have put that on instead of this awful Delivery Man.

Watched the first two episodes and thought Darren Boyd was good, as usual but the supporting cast was lackluster as well as the writing. Will keep watching to see if it gets better.

I too, am surprised by the number of people professing to like this drivel!

Just caught up with the first episode. I thought it was decent.

Quote: marac @ 17th April 2015, 6:32 PM BST

:( Surprised to see so many people like this. My parents absolutely hated it! and were wanting to switch off before it finished. I managed to get them to stick with it till the end but even I thought it was on the poor side with very few laughs. I have seen worse and all I can hope is that it improves.

Watching a comedy programme with disapproving parents seldom enhances enjoyment.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ 20th April 2015, 4:24 PM BST

Actually Vicious is coming back. A new series has already been filmed.

:(

I forgot to mention this previously, but Alex Macqueen deserves a mention. He's brilliant, but plays an absolute twunt in EVERYTHING I've ever seen him in.

Really Enjoy this show... Seen the 1st 3 eps 3+ times so far... Can't wait for eps 4..

Been trying to find the song they use as the beginning & end theme music but no luck... Thought it would be easy because of the lyrics but nada..

Anybody know the band & song ?? ty

The song - and all other music - was composed specifically for the series by Rob Jones and Joe da Costa.

The particular track used for the theme tune is called A New Life and is NOT currently available on iTunes etc, but may be in future.

Quote: Aaron @ 5th May 2015, 4:53 PM BST

The song - and all other music - was composed specifically for the series by Rob Jones and Joe da Costa.

The particular track used for the theme tune is called A New Life and is NOT currently available on iTunes etc, but may be in future.

That was my guess but had not found it under the composers name either. Glad I know now the name of the track. They did a good job with it. At least the featured part. Sounded to me like a prior release song but different. Very catchy.

Do hope it gets release much sooner than the "Death in Paradise" SoundTrack did. They waited until right before the 4th series... Still wish they would make a full "You're Wondering Now" (Opening Theme) track. Even their extended version track is under a minute & it needs to mostly have the guitar part.

So this is are the lyrics we've got from "A New Life" so far...

Quote: A New Life

Uhuhuh, Uhuu, Uhuhuh, Uhuu...

Maybe I care to much,
Maybe you care to much,
Maybe they don't care enough, maybe they don't care enough,

But there is a new life started and I wanna play a part in it,
There is a new life started and I wanna play a part in it,

Ahhh, Uhhuhu....

Did I missed anything ?

Cheers Aaron

Just seen first two episodes and REALLY enjoyed them. Like the casting and love the timing - don't know how many rehearsals they get before filming, but they've definitely cracked it. So pleased to find something to smile about. It's not a roll about the room laugh, but it leaves you feeling happy and wanting more.