Russell Brand's Ponderland - Series 1 Page 5

I've been re-watching this series, which I was given for Christmas and it's still really funny. My personal favourite is 'Crime', mainly because we once viewed the late Lenny McLean's widow's house. It was superb btw, but we didn't buy it because the garden was paved over.

I wish Brand was still this good. It's such a shame that S2 isn't available on DVD, but the t'internet tells me that it often pops up on the cable channel, 4Music.

I think Russell is recapturing a bit of comic form in his new podcasts on Audioboom (also on XFM Sunday nights) - easily as good as the Radio 2 shows at their height, but a lot of that is down to Matt Morgan. I always thought it was notable that the whole Sachsgate thing happened when Morgan wasn't on the show as he tends to reign Russell in a bit. I'd recommend checking them out if you like Ponderland.

Sachsgate was summat and nuffin as far as I am concerned - she was a bit of a slapper from what I gather and then everyone gets huffy.

I still like Russell - he was good on Ross recently.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th April 2015, 11:57 AM BST

she was a bit of a slapper from what I gather

That's all right then. Rolling eyes

I think most people were upset on the old man's behalf rather than hers, to be honest.

BBC totally overreacted though. Ross's morning show was great.

Yup and Que.