Newzoids

I'll be watching this show with caution. The problem I'm already having with it is that every time I hear about it or see any of the images all I think is: "You're ripping of Spitting Image, and it won't be as good."

I guess the measure of it will be whether they actually engage in political satire or not.

Or will it simply be a gallery of famous faces?
As in:
'Look, we can do Prince.'
'Look, we can do Kim Kardashian.'
'Look, we can do Prince Harry.'

I remember an interview with Rory Bremner in recent years in which he claimed that no channel was interested in screening true political satire at the moment, no matter what the vehicle was.
The public liked it, but the broadcasters were... hmmm... reluctant.

I would love to think ITV had discovered a little testosterone in its blood stream and had decided to go for the jugular of some politicians by providing biting satire.
But I'm rather doubtful.

Looking at the videos that were recently released, the quality seems poor. The mouths on the puppets looks as if they're CGI-ed on haphazardly.

As it's starting in the middle of a General Election campaign, I think the likelihood of - at least the first half of - the series containing anything nearing serious satire is slim to none.

Will give it a chance, or as is usual with me two chances.

I like Culshaw and whilst he probably was best in Dead Ringers his other show with Stephenson was good, so this is sort of promising. I just hope that this isn't somewhat like the short lived Headcases or whatever it was called that ITV aired some years ago. It involved CGI animations of the celebs being impersonated but the humour was very strained. A few funny moments (Piers Morgan having a piano dropped on him mid sentence) but it lost much attraction for me very soon into the run as it just wasn't particularly funny. I fear that the same may happen with this. I would like to think though that because of Culshaw's input (he is actually funny IMO, and whilst he voiced in Headcases hopefully he will be actually writing for this one) the series will have a better sense of direction and it will go somewhere. Hopefully.

I will give this a go, but I'd have rather seen Spitting Image make a return. What with politics the way it is nowadays, plus the huge surge in celebrity culture, rich pickings could have been had.

I don't think they will be as good as Telegoons!

My God, you are going back in time there! :D

You should know, Herc.

Hold yer tongue young whippersnapper.

Animation looked slick, but I wasn't laughing.

Smiled a couple of times.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th April 2015, 9:48 PM BST

Smiled a couple of times.

Same here.

Laughed quite a fair bit. Made for a really good hour's viewing, alongside The Delivery Man.

Disappointing animation of the mouths though. A poorer quality rip-off of hypervynorama, the method invented by Kat Van Henderson and used for Strange Hill High.