General Election 2015 Page 2

Quote: A Horseradish @ 31st March 2015, 7:00 PM BST

Right.

The Tories want 2,830 fracked wells in the UK.

Residents at each well could face as many as 51 tanker truck journeys each day for three years.

And that's just the tip of a very big iceberg.

If it was an iceberg it wouldn't be such a problem because we could just let it melt - or something.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st March 2015, 8:43 PM BST

If it was an iceberg it wouldn't be such a problem because we could just let it melt - or something.

At least someone is talking basic common sense. :)

Quote: DaButt @ 31st March 2015, 8:01 PM BST

But I'll bet the anti-frackers wouldn't complain if 51 trucks loaded with wind turbines and solar collectors pounded down the road every day.

Pretty sure they would. WInd turbines in particular are massively controversial.

Quote: DaButt @ 31st March 2015, 8:01 PM BST

But I'll bet the anti-frackers wouldn't complain if 51 trucks loaded with wind turbines and solar collectors pounded down the road every day.

If the government is smart, they'll earmark for future road repairs some of the billions of pounds in revenue that they and the oil companies will earn. It's what they did here.

It's not the state of the roads they're worried about, but the perceived increase in heavy traffic and noise.

Ah. Two trucks per hour doesn't seem like all that much traffic.

I always feel uncomfortable when they have celebrities on Party Election Broadcast. I quite like Martin Freeman but think he's made a mistake. The papers are already accusing him of hypocrisy.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st April 2015, 11:43 AM BST

I always feel uncomfortable when they have celebrities on Party Election Broadcast.

Ditto.

No matter the party, no matter the policy, I do not care for it. Style over substance. They should be aiming to win on their vision for the future, not the glitz of which celebrity they can convince to espouse their message of the week.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st April 2015, 11:43 AM BST

I always feel uncomfortable when they have celebrities on Party Election Broadcast. I quite like Martin Freeman but think he's made a mistake. The papers are already accusing him of hypocrisy.

I always feel uncomfortable when I see Martin Freeman full stop.

And this is me, Martin Freeman playing me..........Martin Freeman.

What I've seen so far is all negative - slagging off what the others will do without making any concrete realistic promises.

Quote: Chappers @ 1st April 2015, 9:17 PM BST

What I've seen so far is all negative - slagging off what the others will do without making any concrete realistic promises.

The first positive messages started this week with the PPBs. Well, the Conservative one, anyway. http://www.bbc.co.uk/partyelectionbroadcasts

You haven't had any promises? Well come to Scotland. Jim Murphy makes a new promise every day. Don't think he knows the word 'realistic'. Of course it's really vital stuff like allowing folk to bring alcohol into football grounds.

You haven't had any promises? Well come to Scotland. Jim Murphy makes a new promise every day. Don't think he knows the word 'realistic'. Of course it's really vital stuff like allowing folk to bring alcohol into football grounds.

Quote: keewik @ 1st April 2015, 10:20 PM BST

Techno Techno Techno

I'm vying for the prize for multiple postings of the one post.in fact I think I've won.

Quote: sootyj @ 1st April 2015, 10:21 PM BST

Techno Techno Techno

Laughing out loud

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/natalie-bennett/natalie-bennett-green-party_b_6975444.html

why is anyone voting Green? They have no realistic policies or more importantly any policies realistically that are going to win seats.

You're literally throwing your votes on a bunch of lefty windbags, listening to the music of their own self righteous, flatulence.