What are you watching on TV? Page 2,008

World's Toughest Jobs - Skyscraper Cleaning in Toronto

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/5hsV1b8mgZcqv41J4yFj005/skyscraper-cleaning-in-toronto

Roy Cropper putting the frighteners on someone in Bergerac - seriously!

I saw him pretending to be a German officer in Colditz.

Gotham. I love this. The right blend of creepyness, violence and comic book "realism".

Quote: Chappers @ 16th March 2015, 10:28 PM GMT

Gotham. I love this. The right blend of creepyness, violence and comic book "realism".

As opposed to the wrong blend of creepyness, violence and comic book "realism" as in yesterday's C4 programme on the Smethwick election. And to think that many of us had never heard of it until a couple of weeks ago when Oldrocker went down memory lane. Interesting and educational stuff, mind.

Elsewhere, ie on Eggheads, to a Politics Undergraduate from Manchester - "Which MP was made Head of the Parliamentary Intelligence Committee in 2010 - Malcolm Rifkind, Michael Heseltine or Norman Fowler?" Answer: "I'd have to say Heseltine as that is the only name I know". How it has all changed!!

I think the Penguin is one of the most creepy characters.

I also don't really like realistic violent programmes or films.

I really like Ben McKenzie, the main cop guy in Gotham. But I'll have to watch it when it gets repeated, it's on against The Walking Dead at the moment.

Watching some teenage boy commenting on Sky News's SUBC ('Stand Up and Be Counted') section - he's whining-on about how the Budget is all about "pensions and stuff", which isn't relevant/interesting to the kids...

Well, he's right there - because thanks to the 'Baby Boomers' - there won't be any pensions when the kids get old. My suggestion is that he gets off the telly and instead goes and asks his grandparents why they decided to f**k-up his generation's future financial security.

Quote: T.W. @ 18th March 2015, 9:59 AM GMT

Well, he's right there - because thanks to the 'Baby Boomers' - there won't be any pensions when the kids get old. My suggestion is that he gets off the telly and instead goes and asks his grandparents why they decided to f**k-up his generation's future financial security.

Because we can!

Quote: T.W. @ 18th March 2015, 9:59 AM GMT

It's not all a bed of roses you know - my wife, like many others in the 60s was actively encouraged to go over to the "Married Woman's NI Stamp", which I think at the time was 6d (2½p) BUT they didn't tell them that when they retired their state pension would be shit because of this.

AND we do not qualify for the "new improved" state pension of £148.40 for everyone who has paid all their stamps because it is for a man born on or after 6 April 1951 or a woman born on or after 6 April 1953, which is post the "Baby Boomer" period.

So thanks DWP- f**k you too.

Buzz Aldrin in a nerdy threesome with Cox and O'Briain.

I think the moon has done his head in, bless him.

Is it just me or does Dara increasingly look like he could play a Sontaran without make-up?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th March 2015, 8:08 AM GMT

I think the moon has done his head in, bless him.

I think he's a loonie.

Quote: Tursiops @ 20th March 2015, 4:31 PM GMT

Is it just me or does Dara increasingly look like he could play a Sontaran without make-up?

I can't watch anything with him in it.

There aren't many decent ones now for people in their 50s let alone younguns. Great pensions are dead, the corporate bods woke up to the idea that finding employees is easy now, they don't need to waste their profits on keeping workers loyal.