Pompidou

Anyone else looking forward to this? The one clip that keeps getting shown seems promising.

Quote: DougWonnacott @ 27th February 2015, 10:08 PM GMT

Anyone else looking forward to this? The one clip that keeps getting shown seems promising.

Yes, I think that we'll give it a shot. I like the idea that it's family friendly too.

That looks the biggest load of crap, I have ever witnessed!

I'll give it a look.

I really liked this in parts and was strained in others. The set-up reminded me a bit of Sunnyside Farm from 1997. Oh so long ago now! Has anyone on here or God's Earth watched it? Matt Lucas was also in that as Mr Mills the kinky/pervy farmer.

Quote: tonecapone @ 1st March 2015, 7:58 PM GMT

I really liked this in parts and was strained in others. The set-up reminded me a bit of Sunnyside Farm from 1997. Oh so long ago now! Has anyone on here or God's Earth watched it? Matt Lucas was also in that as Mr Mills the kinky/pervy farmer.

I remember that! Didn't realise it was 1997, had it in my head it was in the 70s for some reason. Only ran for 6 episodes too and starred Phil Daniels. Good and funny series from what I remember, but cannot recollect Matt Lucas in it, but then he wasn't so famous then methinks.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118483/

I think I would have loved this when I was 7, but I'm 33 now. Great to see this kind of thing on TV, but it did just felt like it was solely aimed at kids.

I can see this splitting audiences down the middle. I liked some of the visual gags in this but didn't really click with the silly language. If you look at Mr Bean, which is the best at this type of comedy, there isn't really a reason for having dialogue but in this show there is actually quite a lot of dialogue - albeit made up. Just seemed a bit odd.

There should be more of Matt Lucas playing silly characters but this one is not really for me.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 2nd March 2015, 11:33 AM GMT

There should be more of Matt Lucas playing silly characters but this one is not really for me.

Used to make me laugh when (on Shooting Stars?) he came on with a little hat stuck on his head.

Mr Bean + Pingu.

Execrable!

http://www.theguardian.com/stage/2015/mar/03/matt-lucas-pompidou-why-snobbish-about-silent-comedy

We're not snobbish! Your shows just rubbish!

I watched the first 10 minutes or so and felt it wasn't the comedy for me.

High hopes for this as I love Matt Lucas in everything he does.

One of the funniest comics we have in this country in my opinion.

I just thought this was a (very) poor man's Mr. Bean.

I never say yea or nay on one episode, so will give it a second chance next week; but it is not looking hopeful........too silly.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th March 2015, 1:50 PM GMT

I never say yea or nay on one episode, so will give it a second chance next week; but it is not looking hopeful........too silly.

Says a man who worships the Goons? Hmmm...