Cheers Page 5

One of my favourite Cheers lines goes something like:

Woody: Last I heard he was a clown at a kid's party.

Sam: Well that's good.

Woody: He wasn't invited!

I find that I enjoy the show much more when Rebecca replaced Diane. Season 6 - 8, was just a beautiful combination of the writers with that amazing cast.

Probably said it before but one of my fave US sitcoms along with M*A*S*H.

Oh and Police Squad!

Been going through these on Netflix and surprised to notice Sam's had a gun pulled on him 3 times so far (angry husband/Frasier/Rebecca). Dangerous being a "Babe Hound" like Sam... the fact the show made it into the 90s still earnestly using the phrase "babe hound" is equally surprising.

Just watching the Beard competition episode and it's got a dark-haired Phoebe from Friends in it.

Quote: Jowan Mounsey @ 7th March 2014, 5:49 PM GMT

I find that I enjoy the show much more when Rebecca replaced Diane. Season 6 - 8, was just a beautiful combination of the writers with that amazing cast.

Yes. I completely agree. I can't decide whether to get the DVD set or not. It's on almost every day on ITV4.

I see Gold are going to show Cheers from the 16th of March.

Quote: george roper @ 2nd March 2015, 3:21 PM GMT

I see Gold are going to show Cheers from the 16th of March.

I hope they have the whole run. Sometimes a channel only has a couple of series and the same episodes are shown too frequently.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 13th September 2014, 1:10 AM BST

Just watching the Beard competition episode and it's got a dark-haired Phoebe from Friends in it.

Was her beard dark as well?

Favourite Cheers lines ? Probably said this before but . .

Sam (to Rebecca): Do you ever picture me naked?

Rebecca: Yes, on a slab with a label on your big toe.

It's not often one feels like applauding at the end of a television show but I just watched the final episode of Series 2 of Cheers, the one where Sam and Diane split up.

Superb script, brilliant acting.

There's so much warmth in Cheers it's quite unreal. I must dig out my DVDs and watch some later.

Quote: Ben @ 18th April 2015, 1:20 PM BST

There's so much warmth in Cheers it's quite unreal.

Totally agree. Certainly my all time favourite, due to the warmth. Only Frasier comes close and it's pretty much the same writing team. Of course Friends has more totty, but that's a more a "hold me to your bosom" warmth. Cheers is a chatting to old mates down the pub warmth. Dianne, bless, isn't a hold me to your bosom kind of gall.

:)

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 20th April 2015, 12:58 PM BST

that's a more

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 20th April 2015, 12:58 PM BST

Totally agree. Certainly my all time favourite, due to the warmth. Only Frasier comes close and it's pretty much the same writing team. Of course Friends has more totty, but that's a more a "hold me to your bosom" warmth. Cheers is a chatting to old mates down the pub warmth. Dianne, bless, isn't a hold me to your bosom kind of gall.

:)

I think I'd rather have either of the barmaids - Diane or Rebecca - than anything from Fiends. Nor Carla.

http://www.cheersboston.com/main_cheersfans.html