Performers Eastleigh/Southampton/Winchester

Hello,

We have set up a weekly workshop/perfomance space for comedy writers and performers in Eastleigh, Hampshire. We are looking for new members. If you are in the Eastleigh, Southampton, Winchester and surrounding areas and would like to develop, produce and perform comedy of any style then we would love to see you. We meet every Wednesday 7-9pm and have shows planned for March and April. We have strong links to local film, theatre and music companies/performers and this is a great opportunity for writers/performers of all levels to get involved in producing some great work.

You can find us at: The Courthouse, Leigh Road, Eastleigh, SO50 9ZN.

We have put a couple of sketches on soundcloud so far but we are open to all styles of comedy, so if you are interested then come and join us!

https://soundcloud.com/courthousecomedylab

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 25th January 2015, 1:03 PM GMT

Could you do 10 minutes at Talking Heads (Candleclub) tomorrow (Monday)?

Thanks for the offer, I will pass it on to the performers in the group and they will get back to you if they can.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 25th January 2015, 1:41 PM GMT

Just to clarify - it's not an offer. I have nothing to do with the organisation of the club. It's a local open mike suggestion, any and every Monday night.

No problemo, that makes it a more interesting post, as future Mondays are probably a better option than tomorrow!

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 25th January 2015, 2:14 PM GMT

Talking Heads (Candle Club) is a good place to network local performers and writers on Monday nights, as is The Butcher's Hook alehouse in Bitterne Triangle, which has a regular artist/writer/performer drinking contingent. If you stick a notice up for writers/performers on the Butcher's noticeboard (ask Dan/Anthony/Vicks - owners/staff), you'll get a lot more local artists/writers seeing it than on here, and the aforementioned people can point you in the right direction.

Also, post up if and when you decide to perform and the local jungle drums may start banging. All the best.

Thanks, I will get in touch re. Noticeboard at the Butcher's. We are hoping to attract a few more people because the space we have is so great, it's not a pub, it's an old Courthouse, hence the name, with two massive performance rooms, smaller rooms, film/theatre/music companies actually based in the building itself. Some of us are already performing in pubs/Edinburgh etc but this venue is potentially a step up from that (the pubs, not Edinburgh, obviously). Also, there is a cafe onsite. And ample free parking! And toilets. And three prison cells. Don't forget the prison cells!!

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ 25th January 2015, 9:07 PM GMT

You'll have to go in there and ask to put a notice on their board - they're very nice and won't mind, if it's not too big.

Eastleigh's Got Talent

Yes, that's the plan. I will take a variety pack of notices, ranging from A5 to A1, hopefully one of those will comply with their size policy. Thanks!

am going to attend 1 of these meetings...anyone wanna travel by train or car share from basingstoke?

Hey,

I'm interested in coming along to watch performances myself and perhaps look to do a 5 min slot at some point. Do you have any firm dates on your shows yet?

Do you have an email address for contact?

Many thanks

Quote: DrearyNeary @ 3rd February 2015, 7:13 PM GMT

Hey,

I'm interested in coming along to watch performances myself and perhaps look to do a 5 min slot at some point. Do you have any firm dates on your shows yet?

Do you have an email address for contact?

Many thanks

I have sent you a PM. :)

We're doing a show on the 13th March for Comic Relief, A number of OPEN SPOTS are available for Comedy performers of any variety. PM me if you are interested! Thanks.

How much are tickets?

Quote: TallTales @ 1st March 2015, 3:27 PM GMT

How much are tickets?

We will probably just take donations to Comic Relief on the night, if we do decide to charge entry it won't be very much. It's a fund raiser so none of the performers are paid anyway, makes no difference to us from that perspective! :)

I'll try to check you guys out. There seems to be precious little around these parts to get involved in!

Quote: TallTales @ 1st March 2015, 3:34 PM GMT

I'll try to check you guys out. There seems to be precious little around these parts to get involved in!

New members always welcome! Wednesdays 7-9pm, address in our profile.

Here are some pictures of before and during our first show, to give you an idea of the space. In the interests of online security, and also because at least one of us is a fugitive from justice, I have cleverly disguised the performers' identities!

Before the show:

During the show:

Just to update the internet on new developments, there is now a monthly open mic being held at the Courthouse here in glorious Eastleigh. 8-10pm, third wednesday of every month! Music, comedy, poetry and whatnot. Turn up and do your thang!