Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled Page 4

I see that Rob Delaney's one of the guests on next week's show. He should be good.

I'm gonna need that Delaney thread...

Is that the one from Catastrophe?

Yes!

Hurrah! He will be ace.

Two Lesbians Covered in Bat Piss was great!

Quote: bloopergast @ 26th February 2015, 10:29 PM GMT

Two Lesbians Covered in Bat Piss was great!

Agreed, that is something which Channel 4 may wish to pursue for their 2015 autumn drama season.

I liked the mix in this week's episode, Julian Clary and Jack Dee were especially good. The Comedy Awards anecdote never fails to raise a smile with me.

It's refreshing to see a show with five people sat around chatting and not one of them is there solely to plug something they've got out in the shops or a tour they're going on.

It does just feel like you're eavesdropping on a funny conversation in a pub.

Clary was great. I never get sick of hearing his story about meeting the queen.

He should probably cut down on the taking drugs he finds in a ditch though. :O

Does Aaron or any of the mods know if a third series will happen or is it to early yet?

Highly likely.

I kind of like Jonathan Ross but I found his appearance embarrassing as he just seemed to be swearing for the sake of it.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th March 2015, 10:43 PM GMT

I kind of like Jonathan Ross but I found his appearance embarrassing as he just seemed to be swearing for the sake of it.

He kept hogging the whole show. Talk about a TV host making a bad TV guest. I tuned out after the first 7 minutes.

I find it extraordinary that these comics have the smug, self satisfied arrogance to believe that people should want to sit nearby to listen to them having a laugh.....not joining in, not being spoken to, just allowed to sit nearby to listen to the clever comics being clever. Do the same people that listen to this kind of oh so clever smugness also turn up to watch 'celebrities' showing off like peacocks at red carpet do's? Shouldn't we all be getting a life?

Quote: Hugh Pitcher @ 3rd November 2015, 4:53 PM GMT

I find it extraordinary that these comics have the smug, self satisfied arrogance to believe that people should want to sit nearby to listen to them having a laugh.....not joining in, not being spoken to, just allowed to sit nearby to listen to the clever comics being clever. Do the same people that listen to this kind of oh so clever smugness also turn up to watch 'celebrities' showing off like peacocks at red carpet do's? Shouldn't we all be getting a life?

I'm not usually ne for telling people to lighten up but... For me it's more like being in the company of four genuinely funny people without the need for a script, it's a joy to watch/listen to every week. Once someone sets the ball rolling,the riffing between the guests is great.

It sounds like a producers dream. Not even a panel show set, just a table and chairs. No script writer (tell 'em just to chat and tell a few jokes/anecdotes). Simple camera shots, nothing flash needed or warranted. Don't even bother with a proper title for the programme. There'll be a few appearance fees to pay but that's about it. As a viewer I can match that - don't even bother to switch on.

But that's the one great thing about modern media - there's plenty more stuff to watch all over the place - old and new - so each to his own.