Brooklyn 99 Page 5

Okay. Did Sky or Comedy Central poach this from E4? Because you lot keep blathering on about a new series, yet I'm not seeing it in the E4 schedules or on Virgin catch up.

Quote: Mark W @ 7th December 2014, 12:49 PM GMT

Okay. Did Sky or Comedy Central poach this from E4? Because you lot keep blathering on about a new series, yet I'm not seeing it in the E4 schedules or on Virgin catch up.

2nd series due to air 15th January, 9pm on E4

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/12/e4-sets-uk-premiere-date-broklyn-nine-nine-season-2/

I don't know whether anyone has started watching the 2nd series or not. But Brooklyn Nine Nine has been commissioned for a 3rd series as well. :)

I have. Second series has hit the ground running.

Can't wait to see how the Charles and Gina thing progresses :D

Haven't loved the second series as much (E4/C4), six episodes in so far, but last week's (with Eva Longoria) was a cracker, and the Halloween ep was terrific too.

Felt a lot sharper and pacier last week, and hopefully back on track now.

It's good, but it's no "Thin Blue Line" :)

"Crumb me up!" Laughing out loud (Thanksgiving ep.)

Quote: AndyGilder @ 26th February 2015, 2:18 PM GMT

It's good, but it's no "Thin Blue Line" :)

True, but it's not intended to.

Just been reading this thread.
Another lurve fest I see.

I can't say I've seen all of this. It's not something I rush to watch. But I have caught quite a few episodes.
In my opinion this has been improving.
The Peralta character was a bit too much at first. But they seem to have toned him down a little since which is for the better. So too the overall chemistry seems to have changed.

But I'm surprised that nobody seems to have mentioned one particular issue on here: 'Police Academy'.

Surely 'Police Academy' was the template for this show.
Peralta is Mahoney. It's hard to read him any differently, I think.
We've even got an Officer Hightower look-a-like.
I'd say the Captain owes a thing or two to Commandant Lazard.
And so on...

That is not to say that this is an outright copy. Of course, it isn't.
Nor are the characters precise copies. But it appears quite clear from where the writers drew their inspiration.
To me the traces of 'Police Academy' are that obvious.

As such I don't have a problem with the above at all. I liked 'Police Academy' (the original movie, that is). And I think this series is quite entertaining.
But I think in a thread which discusses 'Brooklyn 99' the link is worth pointing out.

If I have one criticism it is that some characters in the ensemble seem to serve little purpose. Others are very vague.

But as such I'd give the series the thumbs up. Especially after they turned down the volume on Peralta a bit.

I love the ensemble, especially Charles Boyle. But, the series finale was quite forced (three(!) kissing scenes), and the cliffhanger was rather bland (new boss).

Season 3 starting NOW on E4!

Last week's double-header was pretty good - Holt in his pigeon costume, some nice Terry moments, the bagpipe player.

I've been watching these fairly up to date
(Isn't technology wonderful)
Great ensemble show, that really grows on you as it goes along

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 8th December 2016, 10:44 PM

I've been watching these fairly up to date
(Isn't technology wonderful)
Great ensemble show, that really grows on you as it goes along

Hello again, Steve! Wave

We must stop meeting like this. :)

This is definitely one of my all-time favourite comedies. It's incredibly consistent in quality - I can depend on it to leave me feeling happier afterwards. It's got great lines, funny situations, pace, engaging main characters and minor characters, an endearing silliness, and a warmheartedness that's never cloying. And so far it's kept fresh too.

I was impressed with how Andre Braugher (Captain Holt) gradually developed into a fine comic actor, having previously associated him with intense dramas like Homicide: Life on the Street, where he was fantastic. I felt like it took him a while to find his feet, but once he got there, he's more than a match for anybody else in the cast.

Series/Season 5 started on E4 this week (Thursday 9pm). First episode was as great as ever, packed with funny stuff, big and small.

Holt given the task of cancelling Rosa's cable subscription. Laughing out loud

Scully visiting another prisoner. Laughing out loudLaughing out loud