Upper class stand-up? Page 3

How about Tara Palmer Tomkinson.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 22nd February 2015, 9:22 PM GMT

Yes, she did once share a shower with me but that is an entirely different matter and not amusing per se.

I hope that's not part of your morning edition.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd February 2015, 6:21 PM GMT

How about Tara Palmer Tomkinson.

Not even with yours :(

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd February 2015, 6:21 PM GMT

I hope that's not part of your morning edition.

I liked her as a person a lot but she was a bit Ann Widdecombe in appearance at that time. Checking out her early photos purely for the purposes of this thread you will understand, she was very different and actually I was flabbergasted by just how much to me she looked like....well, I can't say as Michael is a genuinely great guy and he has a very wonderful daughter. The latter may have booked stand-ups too.

Whistling nnocently

Incidentally, to obtain more names of upper class stand ups, it may be necessary to go back to the late 1960s/early 1970s when the artier branches of the elites took off for the festival fields. They had a rather excellent combination of total escapism and practical Churchillian vigour. You really want to locate the people who Viv Stanshall/the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band etc were parodying. There must have been a few.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 22nd February 2015, 9:22 PM GMT

Arabella Churchill no doubt booked stand ups for Glastonbury but she was mainly responsible for circus/theatre and not officially a stand up herself. Yes, she did once share a shower with me but that is an entirely different matter and not amusing per se.

I won't refer to the Churchill dog...

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 24th February 2015, 4:28 PM GMT

I won't refer to the Churchill dog...

:O

Peter Üstinov did after dinner comedy and was born a Baron.