Catastrophe - Series 1 Page 2

Yeah, I like it too. It isn't hilariously funny but it is really enjoyable to watch.

Blimey, last night's episode was one of the darkest slices of comedy I've seen for ages. It's very brave of Horgan and Delaney to address such issues.

Is it or isn't it? I couldn't work out if the test really was negative or whether she decided to keep it from him.

I believed it was negative, I think she was just crying at the end because she saw the cute little Downs girl and felt conflicted about thinking about/planning to get rid of hers if it had been positive.

Quote: zooo @ 11th February 2015, 3:47 PM GMT

I believed it was negative, I think she was just crying at the end because she saw the cute little Downs girl and felt conflicted about thinking about/planning to get rid of hers if it had been positive.

It was that. They needed that moment as they were walking a thin line up until then.

Carrie Fisher plays a bitchy role very effectively. I think the wedding episode finale next week will be well worth a watch.

Apparently males can plump for a prostrate massage in Brighton where it's about £60. I thought the mention of such a service during a comedy was gross, but funny.

Very funny end to the series. Looking forward to S2!

Best series I've watched in ages. I thought the last scene escalated a bit out of nothing though. They started rowing and getting very vicious which we haven't really seen from them as a couple before this. But can't wait for series two.

Yes, I have really enjoyed the series too. Nice end to the series last night and look forward to the second series.

I've seen the first four episodes and think it's pretty funny even though there's a lot of drama about the pregnancy. Looking forward to finishing the rest of Series 1.

Finished watching Series 1 and what a not funny way to end a sitcom, there's too much drama, might as well be watching Scandal.

I'm looking forward to this tonight, I hope series two is as good as series one.

Oh, it is!

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 24th February 2015, 10:33 AM GMT

Best series I've watched in ages. I thought the last scene escalated a bit out of nothing though. They started rowing and getting very vicious which we haven't really seen from them as a couple before this. But can't wait for series two.

I watched the first series in a 'oner' the other day and thought it was one of the best things I've seen for a long time. But like the quote above, I thought the final scene was a little too contrived as an obvious set-up for series two. I didn't know that a second series had been commissioned until yesterday.

In one of the episodes, Rob said that he's only being so amenable to Sharon because she's pregnant and that he'll be an asshole after the kid arrives. I'm wondering if this will be his arc for the next series. Either way, I'm now a fan and wish that there was more of this sort of comedy on our screens as opposed to so much of the self-serving shyte so often dressed as TV comedy these days.