General, General Thread Page 2,722

Do they have a none of the above option?

(I've probably asked this before.)

Quote: reds @ 30th January 2015, 2:04 PM GMT

So tomorrow I legally have to vote in a state election. In Australia it is compulsory to vote in local, state or federal elections after you are 18.

I'm always a bit torn over this. As much as I don't think it right to force people to vote, I am also grateful that I live in a country where I can choose which party I want to vote for, without fear that I will be shot or put in prison for voting for or not voting for a particular one.

Sad state of affairs when you forced to vote - hardly democratic when you have no choice. Not voting is surely part of that process.

Quote: zooo @ 30th January 2015, 5:15 PM GMT

Do they have a none of the above option?

(I've probably asked this before.)

Nope. There is no one who checks it before you put in the box, so you can leave it blank or you can fill it in incorrectly on purpose. Like instead of numbering the boxes you could letter them.

Excellent summary of the Mary Rose project.
Available on iPlayer for 29 days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b051h0gy/the-mary-rose-a-timewatch-guide?fb_ref=Default

I did one dive early on with Alexander McKee, a year after he found it. All you could see was a dent in the sea floor where the previous year's trial excavation had filled in over the winter.

But later in 1981 (I think) I was able to get onto the volunteer teams and I did 16 excavation/recording dives in one 14-day period.

I painstakingly drew in-situ sketches of the positions and orientation of those bricks from the oven, carefully noting which side was blackened by the fire.

Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Angelic Wave

Wow! You got to dive down and look at the Mary Rose?!

Don't they have to constantly spray it with water to ensure it doesn't dry out and collapse?

I remember watching something on TV as a child about it...

Yeh they were amazed to find an ancient, wreck at the bottom of the sea....and Henry VIII's boat!

Quote: Ben @ 4th February 2015, 9:16 PM GMT

Wow! You got to dive down and look at the Mary Rose?!

Don't they have to constantly spray it with water to ensure it doesn't dry out and collapse?

I remember watching something on TV as a child about it...

Watch the TV program within 28 days, it is really worth it.

~~~~

Yes, I got to help excavate the Mary Rose & recorded positions of things like Arrows and Human Bones and brought up those whose positions had been recorded.

We used a tape measure from at least 3, sometimes 4, brass hooks that had been screwed in to the tops of some of the timbers and whose positions had been accurately surveyed.

~~~
Yes after lifting, the hull was sprayed with glycol mixtures for 30 years, but that is now finished and as far as I know, the hull can be dried or is already dried so that it can be viewed more easily.

I must go see it all again sometime. The last time I went they had not buiilt the new Museum over the hull, the artifacts were in another building at that time.

Err . . . zooo

Yeees...?

Awww. Finger monkeys?!
Where can I get some.

I think they're Rockers last 2 spunk cells.

I'm writing a go fund me campaign for a Rumanian ballet dancer who's teeth fell out.

Huh?

Quote: zooo @ 6th February 2015, 11:58 PM GMT

Finger monkeys?!

Whatever turns you on.

Anyone ever learnt a foreign language as a hobby and did you remember what you learned? Thinking of getting a new hobby.