I Didn't Know You Cared

I 'eard that - pardon.

Just picked up series 1 on DVD from my favourite shop - British Heart Foundation for £2.99.

First thing I saw Liz Smith in.

Great northern humour.

And Anita Carey was quite tasty too.

"He's too old for euthanasia."

Coincidentally, I put a third (!) order in for the complete box set just yesterday. Hopefully this time it will actually be successful...

Ay, Well, Mm . . .

A wonderful sitcom indeed.

One of my favourite 'lost' sitcoms. At some point I had read the Peter Tinniswood books, and I think the TV adaptations were spot on (though I haven't seen them in a long while).

I would rank them with similarly wry northern comedy- Alan Bennett and Victoria Wood perhaps.

They were well cast- one older, very northern character played by Robin Bailey, a rather distinguished and somewhat 'posh' actor.

Wonderful series this and great novels too.

Discovered the other day that John Comer who stars in this (and as Sid in LOTSW) died age 59 from throat cancer. In the last episode of LOTSW he was in his voice had to be dubbed because the cancer had affected his speech so much.

Linda Preston whose blouse buttons were never quite up to the job. Yes, a truly bizarre and wonderful creation this was.

A young executive who does hard sums.

Quote: Pip Bond @ October 7 2013, 12:41 PM BST

Linda Preston whose blouse buttons were never quite up to the job. Yes, a truly bizarre and wonderful creation this was.

A young executive who does hard sums.

As soon as I heard her name mentioned I remembered exactly what she looked and sounded like after 30 years.

This is the original thread. You really should check first before starting a new one.

I watched a few clips on YouTube...it was quite good.

I watched a few clips on YouTube but just thought it was dated and very slow.

I think it's supposed to be slow.

It probably is dated now but I think it pre-dates "Summer Wine" so to me I found it original with some hilarious characters.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th January 2015, 10:46 PM GMT

I think it pre-dates "Summer Wine"

Two years later than LOTSW (1973 vs 1975), but almost certainly it was popular and more readily watched before LOTSW was.

A very good sitcom based on the excellent Peter Tiniswood books. I took my username on YouTube from one of the main characters.

"She were my idea of the ideal woman, Carter - like a bloke, but with big knockers."