Great concluding lines in sitcoms Page 2

The Black Adder - The Archbishop.

After being "punished" by the mother superior, Blackadder slowly walks down a corridor into a bright white light, dressed only in a gown. Smoke fills the room and Blackadder disappears into the distance. Cut to him running down some stairs to Baldrick and Percy.

"Quick! The nunnery's on fire!!"

In a losing streak in Only Fools and Horses, the last line is Rodney calling 'Tails' when the coin is flipped in the air. Doubt you could end an episode on a funnier line.

I guess you have to watch it...

The joke being that it's a two-headed coin which is referenced earlier in the episode. Rodney knows it's heads on both sides, but then goes on to make the "Tails" mistake.

+++EDIT+++ Changed its to it's. Doh!

From It Ain't Half Hot Mum:

The bearer's fitting Indian proverb to comment on the fact that not only was the concert party sent up the jungle but also the much despised sgt. major would join them on their voyage.

"There's one very old Hindu proverb which say that when you have cholera and Delhi-belly, and your wife has congress with best friend, it does not stop your house from catching fire"

Will you go for a piss .(Jim in The Royle Family)

"Good luck everyone" from "Goodbyeee" in Blackadder Goes Forth - not the funniest, but certainly the most poignant concluding line in a sitcom.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ 21st July 2014, 9:08 PM BST

The joke being that it's a two-headed coin which is referenced earlier in the episode. Rodney knows it's heads on both sides, but then goes on to make the "Tails" mistake.

Several OFAH EPs finished brilliantly. I liked the similar ending about Rodney's bet with Micky Pierce. Rodney: Oh no it was 50p. Sniggers, Oh did you think it was 50 quid?
Del: You plonker Rodney!

Don't remember it exactly but one of the Dad's Army where Mainwaring shows a surprising ability to play the bagpipes. "We had our honeymoon in Scotland.. and with nothing better to do..."

People Like Us always had fantastic non sequitur closing summaries by Roy Mallard.

From the first episode of The Office:

"My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased profits by 17%, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No. It was a young Greek guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went "Mr. Brent, will you be the Godfather to my child?"....Didn't happen in the end, we had to let him go, he was rubbish. He was rubbish."

Quote: Geffers @ 21st January 2015, 12:46 PM GMT

Don't remember it exactly but one of the Dad's Army where Mainwaring shows a surprising ability to play the bagpipes. "We had our honeymoon in Scotland.. and with nothing better to do..."

It was "If The Cap Fits...", in which Frazer takes temporary charge of the platoon.

From Steptoe and Son: The Desperate Hours -

Harold: Oh well, I suppose I'd better lock the cage up for the night.