Couple of quick (and dumb) cartoons

Hi All

Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12B_NJA9nh8&list=UU73wJ5hBUM1y6qoELaJZDQw

And here's the other: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IRICvK5M5A (I posted an early version of this a long time ago)

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Best Wishes
Yacob

It took me a moment to get the India gag, which was a pleasant groaner.

LIked the animation on the other one and the choice of object was nicely surreal.

I guess there's not much depth to be got into with "quick dumb cartoons", but I enjoyed both. The first was more original, but, although I basiclaly knew how the 2nd woudl end, the details were well chosen and the timing was good.

:)

Thanks Tursiops

Quote: Tursiops @ 4th January 2015, 11:03 AM GMT

LIked the animation on the other one and the choice of object was nicely surreal.

Really I should've drawn 8 frames for the man's walking cycle rather than 6. I was lazy and I'm not a great artist.

I chose a submarine partly because it was easy to draw.

Quote: gappy @ 4th January 2015, 6:05 PM GMT

I guess there's not much depth to be got into with "quick dumb cartoons", but I enjoyed both. The first was more original, but, although I basiclaly knew how the 2nd woudl end, the details were well chosen and the timing was good.

:)

Thanks gappy. So you missed the fact that both cartoons were actually attempts at solving Pollock's octahedral numbers conjecture? Tut. I don't know why I bother :)

They're both great and the first one has a surprisingly complex punchline well executed

Cheers sootyj!

Can't say much apart from I liked them both!

I've noticed that most of your animations are under 45 seconds. Is this due to time constraints or are you just practicing your animating skills at present?

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 4th January 2015, 6:08 PM GMT

Thanks gappy. So you missed the fact that both cartoons were actually attempts at solving Pollock's octahedral numbers conjecture? Tut. I don't know why I bother :)

Oh, no, I noticed they were both mostly Pollocks. :P

Quote: Ben @ 4th January 2015, 8:15 PM GMT

Can't say much apart from I liked them both!

I've noticed that most of your animations are under 45 seconds. Is this due to time constraints or are you just practicing your animating skills at present?

Thanks Ben

Bunch of reasons for doing short cartoons: Partly it's because of time constraits but it's also because I just prefer short sketches. Also I'm writing a lot of ten-minute scripts at the moment so it's nice to do other things like this in my spare time. With these cartoons I'm more interested in improving my writing, music and acting than my drawing/animating.

Quote: gappy @ 4th January 2015, 8:37 PM GMT

Oh, no, I noticed they were both mostly Pollocks. :P

Damn, I walked into that :)