I need straight people for my PhD survey

I hope this is an okay place to post this, sorry if not!

I'm a researcher and PhD candidate currently trying to recruit participants for my PhD research on sexual orientation, gender identity and mental well-being. I'm posting here in particular as I have all my LGBT participants and I now need straight ones, especially men and those in the UK. Unlike for LGBT people there aren't forums particularly for straight people, so I have to use wherever will have me! It shouldn't take longer than 30 minutes to fill out. If anyone could take part or share it with anyone you think would want to take part, that would be awesome! Anyway, here is the formal text:

"We are looking for heterosexual male and female participants, aged 16+ years for an online study on sexuality and well-being. These groups are under-represented in our research. Your participation will increase our knowledge about how stress impacts mental health in sexual and gender minorities. You will be asked to complete questionnaires about your gender, sexual feelings, childhood behaviour, experiences of discrimination and prejudice, how you think, how you feel, and your thoughts about your identity. Overall, completing the online survey should last no longer than 30 minutes. The study is approved by King's College London Psychiatry, Nursing and Midwifery Research Ethics Subcommittee (reference PNM/13/14-110). You can do the survey at the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3VLZTXD

For more details please contact Liam Timmins on +44 20 7188 0192 (liam.timmins@kcl.ac.uk)."

Interesting PhD concept.

Thanks!

I don't like doing housework either!

Not sure this forum constitutes a representative cross-section of the heterosexual population...

I have just done this. Good luck with it.

Quote: ihateirony @ 30th December 2014, 10:01 AM GMT

"We are looking for heterosexual male and female participants, aged 16+ years for sexuality and well-being.

Me too can we look together....

I also compeleted your survey.

How do you define "Straight"?

Quote: Chappers @ 30th December 2014, 11:12 PM GMT

How do you define "Straight"? Because I always have a splash of soda in my elvenses bucket of vodka and you'd better not be calling my drink a wooftah.

Down boy, no one would dare.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th December 2014, 11:12 PM GMT

How do you define "Straight"?

I think this is the point of the PHD Chappers ;)

Good point, I recall reading that many of us are 2-3% pansexual. I think that's why I was asked to leave the kitchen section of John Lewis the other week.

In all seriousness, an interesting study and I've completed it.

Pan sexual, you must make a mess when you do the washing up.

Thanks again, people! TO answer a few questions:

It's okay that here is not representative of the general population, it's a large survey with multiple recruitment sources.

I'm defining straight by self identity. SO if you consider yourself to be straight, then you are straight. You are also welcome to fill it out if you are not straight, but I have my minimum numbers for the other groups already.