Blandings - Series 2

I can't wait for this to come back. An excellent show how about you?

The change to the cast (Tim Vine replacing Mark Williams) is interesting. I am a huge fan of Tim Vine as a stand up but have to say that Mark Williams is a superior actor. It will be intriguing to see if they can make it work and improve some of the things that didn't work in the first series.

Williams was miscast as Beach, Vine is miscast even more. I don't expect an improvement, but I'll stick around and see.

I absolutely adored Series 1, and despite the major cast change (something I really hate), am really looking forward to Series 2. Wonderful show.

I'm probably in a minority, but I think Timothy Spall is wrong for Lord Emsworth.

Series one was pretty close to perfect. I can't wait for this to start back up.

Having watched the first episode of the new series yesterday, I would say that there is still something that doesn't quite gel with this show.

Harry Enfield gave a tour de force performance in his guest role and Timothy Spall was likable as Emsworth but considering the source material, this should be much funnier and more cohesive than it is.

Is this coming back for a third series?

No, sadly not. :(

I hate that. I had also been wondering if it was coming back or not. Loved the first two series'.

Ditto. I thought it pure joy. Genuinely gutted it won't be returning.

What was their excuse?

Run its course, I think.

Quote: beaky @ 11th February 2014, 7:39 PM GMT

I'm probably in a minority, but I think Timothy Spall is wrong for Lord Emsworth.

No you're 100% right. I've a lot of time for Tim Spall in most of the things he's done. Not his fault but he doesn't even look aristocratic. Also like Williams and Vine but again they're miscast. Beech needs to be an older man.

Jack Farthing was exceptional.