Sitcom spinoffs, sequels, and crossovers? Page 9

The Ronnie Barker Playhouse had a story featuring Lord Rustless, who joined the sketches together in Hark At Barker. One of the Six Dates With Barker was called The Odd Job with David Jason. It was remade with Graham Chapman.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 23rd April 2014, 10:24 PM BST

The Ronnie Barker Playhouse had a story featuring Lord Rustless, who joined the sketches together in Hark At Barker.

Lord Rustless was also the star of his own 1972 sitcom, His Lordship Entertains.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 23rd April 2014, 10:24 PM BST

One of the Six Dates With Barker was called The Odd Job with David Jason. It was remade with Graham Chapman.

Less of a sequel or spin-off, surely more of a remake? The latter The Odd Job was a full film, after all (and also starred David Jason).

I'm surprised a couple of my favourites never got a mention. I was always a big fan of Fresh Fields and loved it when they brought the characters back 3 years later and transplanted them to rural France and called it French Fields.

As for crossovers, I loved George Roper (Brian Murphy) in the Man About The House film running into Jack Smethurst and Rudolph Walker playing themselves in the Thames TV canteen. It was only a cameo appearance for them, but it was hilarious.

The Beverly Hillbillies - Petticoat Junction - Green Acres all had characters that intermingled with each other.

What's Happening - What's Happening Now

The Munsters had many rebirths and spawned 2 movies.

Wasn't Rab C Nesbitt originally a character in the sketch show Naked Video?

Wasn't Bootsie And Snudge a sort of sequel to The Army Game?

Quote: uncle mort @ 20th December 2014, 6:41 PM GMT

Wasn't Bootsie And Snudge a sort of sequel to The Army Game?

A very direct and actual spin-off/sequel, not 'sort of' one!